Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mutterkreuz case - Original?

Article about: Hi I am hopefully looking to sell this case (as I have no medal to go with it) but wanted to make sure it’s 100% genuine before listing. Is anybody able to assist/confirm? Thanks in advanc

?

Post some more images Tom, I haven't seen any awards with the lines as you point out but it doesn't mean they didn't exist.
    As Ralph says, have a look beneath/through the enamel and see if there's a pattern on the base metal.
    I'm fairly sure the ribbon is a repro.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mutterkreuz case - Original?
    P
    Many

Quote by Moshemotom View Post
    The fake cross in question...

[Apologies, I can't seem to rotate the images correctly, though I suppose it doesn't matter since its a dud...]

Attachment 1718284

Attachment 1718285
    I'm sure the box is good, as already said some daylight pictures of the enamelling would give us all a collective chance to comment. The enamel does look very dark but I think that's partially due to the low light in your photos (which are very nicely composed o must say).

The box may be tatty, but it completes ones display if you have an unboxed cross in the collection.

Hi guys. Here are some more photos taken with daylight. Still couldn’t see under the blue enamel part - so I am fairly sure it’s not proper enamel and a dud medal. Wish I wasn’t the case as I was tricked into spending £70 on it years ago but these things happen when you don’t do your research first…

Apologies the photos are still sideways, can’t seem to fix this on mobile.

The 'Sieper' ink stamp looks like 'Sleper' to me.......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I've rotated only these two as the third lost quality :

Quote by Moshemotom View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. If I look at it really up close under direct light it does have a Dark blue/grey tinge to it, so possibly what you’re referring to.

RE getting a real medal, I was actually sold a fake mother’s cross in gold some years ago (when I started collecting and I was far less educated). I think it might have been the seller who is now ‘SpandauaMilitariaShop’, so Lesson learned The clearly put a fake in a genuine case to dupe the buyer and unfortunately it worked...Luckily I have more sense now, at least when it comes to collecting!

If it doesn't have much value then I might hang onto it and one day come across a genuine example, at least then it would have a proper home. Is it only the Gold example which went in this specific case?

Cheers
    Tom
    Andy Beal of Spandau Militaria has been selling dodgy goods for years. His modus operandi is to mix good stuff with fakes, so it's a case of knowing your subject if you consider buying from him. The major red flag to anyone thinking of making a purchase from him should be his so-called 'sales' with up to 70% (or more) knocked off the price. Just ask yourself before buying, can ANY dealer really afford to reduce his prices by 70%?

Cheers,
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2