Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mysterious maker mark / hallmark of a sitting dog on a WWII item

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I noticed something unusual about these hallmarks / maker marks on a silver item from WWII. Between the "900" hallmark for the silver fineness and the maker mark &

?

Default Mysterious maker mark / hallmark of a sitting dog on a WWII item

Hello gentlemen,

I noticed something unusual about these hallmarks / maker marks on a silver item from WWII. Between the "900" hallmark for the silver fineness and the maker mark "C. E. Juncker Berlin SW" for the Juncker company in Berlin, there is a small picture of a sitting dog. IMO from the position of the marks, it either belongs to the maker mark "C. E. Juncker Berlin SW" or it is a separate mark!?

Has anyone ever seen a mark like this? And if so, what does this mark mean?
    Is it genuine or a fake?

I hope you can help me, any opinions are highly appreciated. Thank you.

best regards
    Wolf
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mysterious maker mark / hallmark of a sitting dog on a WWII item  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mysterious maker mark / hallmark of a sitting dog on a WWII item
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

It would help knowing what type of award this stamp is on.

While I can see a resemblance to a sitting dog, could it not just be a defect? i.e. are we seeing something that is not really there?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Please post photos of the rest of the item.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Just looks like a defect to me.

?

Hello gentlemen,

I think you might be right, I overthink it. If I look closely, the lines are too subtle for a marking stamp. It is probably really just a coincidence that it looks like a dog, humans tend to recognize faces in everything ... Thanks for your help.

Best regards
    Wolf
    Attached Images Attached Images Mysterious maker mark / hallmark of a sitting dog on a WWII item 

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Ralph.
    I will repeat my earlier request.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)