Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Narvikschild - Narvik Shield - fake or good?

Article about: Hi All, I'm still trying to solve the case related with Narvikschild - Narvik Shield. I found only one auction with similar version. Maybe someone, who has better experience can help me to f

Default Narvikschild - Narvik Shield - fake or good?

Hi All,

I'm still trying to solve the case related with Narvikschild - Narvik Shield. I found only one auction with similar version. Maybe someone, who has better experience can help me to find an answer, is it good or fake? Narvik Shield looks little bit fatigue.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Narvikschild - Narvik Shield - fake or good?   Narvikschild - Narvik Shield - fake or good?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Narvikschild - Narvik Shield - fake or good?
    P
    Many

Sorry it looks like no known original Narvick that I've seen. Regards, Paul

Is that a stress crack from the top right through the edelweiss?

Smitty

?

it is a mysterious one.?

Rakkasan187, in my opinion this is mistake during production. I tried to took better picture. Also, second picture present other shield, which I found on the auction. Looks very similar with almost the same "crack".

From the auction

I would be highly suspicious that this would have passed inspection and have been issued to troops. The quality of Third Reich decorations and the tough scrutiny they would have to go through before being awarded, in my opinion this would not have passed..

It is an interesting piece that merits more research but as Paulscoot has already mentioned, this does not seem to be of the known original types to exist..

Would like to see if there are any period photos that actually show this flaw...

Smitty

Big thanks Rakkasan for your feeback. It looks like, that probably I have rare version of fake Norvik 1940.

Komar,

Thank you for posting this,,, as this is a learning experience for many of us.. and the study of these awards is constant and ongoing...

Best regards

Smitty

Sorry, you shield suffers from a severe lack of detail and, (just look at the surface of the swastika), all of the known originals that I viewed have the eagle's head cut out, or at least cut closer..
    Also, the back plate is not the correct shape.
    There are better copies than this one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

either way it seems to be a rare bird and a seldom seen one, even if it is indeed a fake!? also the material of both of them seems to be of a copper type material. is that a material that was used in the manufacture of them? if that is indeed the material, or the flash from the camera?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast