Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinions on Cased 12 yr SS Long Service Award (In German: SS-Dienstauszeichnung 2.Stufe (12 Jahre))...

Article about: Hi all. I'm considering adding this to my collection but these are definitely not in my wheelhouse so I want some opinions before making any decisions. What do you guys think? Is this legit

?

Default Need opinions on Cased 12 yr SS Long Service Award (In German: SS-Dienstauszeichnung 2.Stufe (12 Jahre))...

Hi all. I'm considering adding this to my collection but these are definitely not in my wheelhouse so I want some opinions before making any decisions. What do you guys think? Is this legit or a reproduction?

Need opinions on Cased 12 yr SS Long Service Award (In German: SS-Dienstauszeichnung 2.Stufe (12 Jahre))...Need opinions on Cased 12 yr SS Long Service Award (In German: SS-Dienstauszeichnung 2.Stufe (12 Jahre))...Need opinions on Cased 12 yr SS Long Service Award (In German: SS-Dienstauszeichnung 2.Stufe (12 Jahre))...Need opinions on Cased 12 yr SS Long Service Award (In German: SS-Dienstauszeichnung 2.Stufe (12 Jahre))...Need opinions on Cased 12 yr SS Long Service Award (In German: SS-Dienstauszeichnung 2.Stufe (12 Jahre))...Need opinions on Cased 12 yr SS Long Service Award (In German: SS-Dienstauszeichnung 2.Stufe (12 Jahre))...Need opinions on Cased 12 yr SS Long Service Award (In German: SS-Dienstauszeichnung 2.Stufe (12 Jahre))...

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-14-2016 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on Cased 12 yr SS Long Service Award (In German: SS-Dienstauszeichnung 2.Stufe (12 Jahre))...
    P
    Many

Dzyner I am no expert but the first thing that stands out is that it lacking the generally accepted die flaw on the lettering. A couple of other things seem off to me but it would be good to hear what others think. It is an award that I would like to acquire one day but these are heavily faked.

Steve

FWIW I don't like the ribbon, it has characteristics of a fake IMO.

The wreath has no "spikes" on it's edges and there is not a Trace of any frosting on it. It is obviously supposed to be unissued, but seems to exhibit fairly heavy wear? Definitely not one that I would want.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi, the dirt/wear also looks like it has been "brushed" into the award as well, a minty case and ribbon but a dirty medal! That just not look right for a supposedly mint cased award. Leon.

?

All great points guys, thanks. I also compared (closely) the details of the wreath, SS runes and other fine details of the medal to that of known originals and there are some very obvious issues when you get right down to the fine details. An obvious reproduction after a closer review, but one that could easily fool a novice collector or one who assumes instead of posting on this wonderful forum