Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New addition Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber mit Schwertern

Article about: Thanks Adrian Thats a bugger Harry.I to fear this sometimes when a bargin is won.Been lucky so far,touch wood. Cheers and thanks gents Dave

Default New addition Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber mit Schwertern

Gday All,.
    Here's a new addition to my TR collection.
    An honest Ostvolkmedaille in Silver with Swords.The usual 100 maker mark.
    New addition Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber mit SchwerternNew addition Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber mit SchwerternNew addition Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber mit SchwerternNew addition Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber mit Schwertern

As these were also awarded to Germans serving with Eastern peoples I feel they are a little under rated.
    Thanks for looking
    All the best
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New addition Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New addition Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber mit Schwertern

Have always liked these "ostvolk" awards. And i need to include one like this into my humble collection some day.

Hi Dave, nice original award.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A nice marked example! I think W&L had the monopoly on these awards

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks gents
    I think "100" is the only marked manufacturer of this award.There are also two unknown unmarked makers,one is the flat reverse variant the other the unmarked dished reverse.
    Considering the sworded awards were combat/bravery related and also issued to Wehrmacht personel of German ethnic origins one would think they would be more popular with collectors.

All the best fella's
    Dave

Very foolishly I sold all of mine back in the 1980's. I had most variants of these and one cased.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

These are great and underated awards. As they were mostly awarded to eastern volunteers I am suprised that so many survived.

They sound like they were a very nice group of awards Ade.
    I guess if we had the gift of hindsight we would all still be holding on to many things collected in years gone by that we now have regrets over passing on.
    I know I would be in this category .
    Have a good one mate
    Dave

?

Good piece, thank you for showing. Note the curved makers mark which is the same as their EK2 stamp they applied to ribbon rings, hence the curved shape.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I once spotted one of these on e-baythe guy did not know what it was, most of his stuff was crap copies,I won it for £15.00 I think.he took my money and welched on the deal, just sent me rubbish,paypal were no help at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast