Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions about Ost Front medal

Article about: Hello everybody again, and I need help. This time about my favorit german ww2 medal - Ost front. I acquired it with some other things and all of that was from one old collection. I have two

Default Opinions about Ost Front medal

Hello everybody again, and I need help. This time about my favorit german ww2 medal - Ost front.
    I acquired it with some other things and all of that was from one old collection. I have two ost medal in my collection, but this medal is little suspiciously.
    Ok, condition is not good.
    Ring is silver colour, without any markers - and I need other opinions.
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions about Ost Front medal
    P
    Many

I have my doubts about this one. The details on the sword and leaf are not what I would expect, and the font doesn't look like any I have seen. I would pass on this one, personally.

Looks like it's cast!...

Hmmh... Comparing this medal with my other two piece in collection, this have worn surface where is text and sword.
    Is the silver ring ok??

I have seen them with silver appearing rings as well as what looks like plain steel. If that is a very worn piece it would be kind of unusual as these were not really worn, only the ribbon. I agree with Gunny, it has a cast appearance. Good ones are cheap enough that I would go for a better example.

Ops, this is not good Now, I have too little hope about this piece. I take this medal whit EK2 from 1914, and KVK - it was allegedly from some old collection...
    On the side where is eagle, edge of medal and edge of swastika is little broken off, and there is brown - red arrow
    Somebody was scratched surface - it is very visibly - green arrow.
    And as other side is worn, this side is also worn - it is visiby on the high surface, like on eagle claws... - blue arrow.

For a very accurate determination, which should also be 100% correct one needs absolutely detail photos with top view, front and rear.

?

To my eye it looks like a late war zinc piece which has been knocked about and made from a very poor quality zinc. I agree it does look cast but it doesn't have any sunken areas of the surface and nor does it have any pitting left by escaping air, it just looks a bit rough all over.

Can you just confirm what colour the base metal actually is please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....