Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ostmedaille maker 23?

Article about: Hi everyone i recently bought this eastmedal from a militaria dealer. I bought this one as probably eastmedal maker 23. I would like some opinions please. I know the maker 23 "arbeitsge

Default Ostmedaille maker 23?

Hi everyone i recently bought this eastmedal from a militaria dealer. I bought this one as probably eastmedal maker 23.
    I would like some opinions please. I know the maker 23 "arbeitsgemeinschaft fur heeresbedarf in der graveur und ziseleurinnung" made the eastmedal. How ever the two is hard to see on this medal. So thanks for looking and your opinion. Ostmedaille maker 23?Ostmedaille maker 23?Ostmedaille maker 23?Ostmedaille maker 23?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ostmedaille maker 23?
    P
    Many

O sorry, and merry Christmas and a Happy New year. ;-)

Hello Benjamin

And a good Jól fest to you to!

I am sorry but IMO this is not a OM 23.

Firstly they dont exist Marked that I know off at least.

The features that point to a OM 23 aint there:
    The "steap" flair less angle of the helmet.
    The bably "printed" details in the feathers on the right site.
    On the backside the leaves were quite unclear as well and more and more ..

I attached a pic of my OM 23 and highlighted those features, then you can compare for yourself.

IMO you have a nice OM 93
    Congrats

Ostmedaille maker 23?
    Ostmedaille maker 23?

Quote by Sveimhugi View Post
    Hello Benjamin

And a good Jól fest to you to!

I am sorry but IMO this is not a OM 23.

Firstly they dont exist Marked that I know off at least.

The features that point to a OM 23 aint there:
    The "steap" flair less angle of the helmet.
    The bably "printed" details in the feathers on the right site.
    On the backside the leaves were quite unclear as well and more and more ..

I attached a pic of my OM 23 and highlighted those features, then you can compare for yourself.

IMO you have a nice OM 93
    Congrats

Ostmedaille maker 23?
    Ostmedaille maker 23?
    Good call & a great explanation. Thank you. Stewy

Thank you Sveimhugi.
    You're wright it is not a maker marked 23. I should have seen that. I should have taken a look in Sascha Weber's book.
    I will check my other makermarked 93 tomorrow and compare them.
    Do you know internetsite's where to find more eastmedals to purchase.
    I'm still looking for following makers: 8,29,45,51,53,63,72,77,85,90,92,108,117,120, and the non maker marked:
    2,8,23,57,66,84,98,138, I am also looking for all the LDO marked East medals.
    I dont know how many LDO makermarked eastmedals there are to collect.
    Thank you again for your reply Sveimhugi.
    Grtz Benjamin

great example though.

Quote by Benjamin View Post
    Thank you Sveimhugi.
    You're wright it is not a maker marked 23. I should have seen that. I should have taken a look in Sascha Weber's book.
    I will check my other makermarked 93 tomorrow and compare them.
    Do you know internetsite's where to find more eastmedals to purchase.
    I'm still looking for following makers: 8,29,45,51,53,63,72,77,85,90,92,108,117,120, and the non maker marked:
    2,8,23,57,66,84,98,138, I am also looking for all the LDO marked East medals.
    I dont know how many LDO makermarked eastmedals there are to collect.
    Thank you again for your reply Sveimhugi.
    Grtz Benjamin
    Hello again Benjamin

Hehe yes im pretty sure you got 2 of them (OM 93) now

Well I started off buying allot on Websites, but moved more and more to forums like this one, much cheaper most of the time
    Im sorry I got no secret Websites full of OM´s that I could direct you to, just those who everybody knows, like Butschek, Weitze, M. Berlin and loads loads more, just google and you will see

Sascha´s book is great but not flawless, there are some errors in it. (IMO)

Regarding the ones you are missing:

The OM 2 would be a great find, never seen one myself, just the Pouch, if it not maker marked its going to be hard to tell if its a matching pair. We would have to find some other sets to compare.

The OM 8 is a hard one to find as well (IMO to a error in Saschas book), I someone here sees this and ownes one, I would love to see it and get some reference pictures.

The OM 45, 53, 72, 90 and 120 I have never heard of that they exist, if you have some information that states otherwise I would love to hear it. (not ment in a sarcastic way, I really would like to know )

The OM 117 is another error in the book (IMO) and does not exist either, that is its not matched with the right maker, its genuine one but not a Hugo Lang.
    But still very desirable as a "variation" IMO.

The rest is out there, just have to wait I have many of the ones you are missing double, but im not sure if I want to sell them yet, but I am always open for trading, if you like you can send me per Private msg a list of the ones you have and are willing to trade

Skál from Iceland!

Ohh.. yes and I forgot, LDO marked OM´s I have not seen yet, well there is the L/15 (Floch) but not that I know of besides of that one.

Cool

Hello Sveimhugi i have some pics of a maker marked 53. I will put them on here soon. The OM 45, 53,72, 90 and 120 i got from a list on another forum.
    And i printed that list for myself when i started collecting the OM. So leaving these makers out wil narow my search. ;-)
    I also have an OM isue bag wich i found on internet with a maker that is not listed in Webers book but it is listed in the book "The awards of the heer" by Dietrich Maerz / Bernd Hartmann .
    I wil also put a pic of that isue bag as well. Also i have an unmarked East medal with its isue bag and i wil
    put some pics here of that one as well. Maybe we can confirm that the medal belongs with that isue bag.
    I will let you know wich ones i have double but you wil probably have them in your collection.
    I wil keep on searching for the rest of these medals because i like them a lot.

Groetjes from Belgium.

Thank you Harryamb2.

Here are the pics of the OM maker 53. I got these pics of the internet.Ostmedaille maker 23?Ostmedaille maker 23?Ostmedaille maker 23?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast