Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Ostmedaille and Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika ribbon bar

Article about: One of the ribbon bars from my WWII collection. It is a double ribbon bar with the ribbons of the Eastern Medal (Ostmedaille) and the Italo-German campaign in Africa Medal. I have photograph

Default Ostmedaille and Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika ribbon bar

One of the ribbon bars from my WWII collection.

Ostmedaille and  Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika ribbon bar

Ostmedaille and  Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika ribbon bar

It is a double ribbon bar with the ribbons of the Eastern Medal (Ostmedaille) and the Italo-German campaign in Africa Medal.

I have photographed it with those same two individual ribbons from both medals, also from my collection.

Last edited by rbminis; 09-25-2023 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ostmedaille and  Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika ribbon bar
    P
    Many

From Russia to Africa....

I always thought that the men awarded these two medals represented, in a way, bad luck in the war, because they went from freezing in the winter of 1941 on the Eastern Front to scorching hot in the sands of North Africa a year later.

I don't know if it is true but the seller advertised it as the ribbon bar of a German artilleryman, so I added to the post the two photographs of an artilleryman on both fronts...

Rusia
    Afrika

Regards
    Santi
    Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 09-25-2023 at 08:38 AM.