Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Ostmedaille - Unmarked Eastern Front Medal, Good?

Article about: Good even again, friends! I wanted to share an Eastern Front medal I picked up many years ago with you. I've started taking out all my medals and taking pictures for cataloging, and I would

Default Ostmedaille - Unmarked Eastern Front Medal, Good?

Good even again, friends! I wanted to share an Eastern Front medal I picked up many years ago with you. I've started taking out all my medals and taking pictures for cataloging, and I would like your opinions on this one if you please.

The feel and the heft of the medal seem like others I've handled, and the ribbon appears original, but I am unable to find a makers stamp on the ring. Also, I noticed that the "T" in "Winterschlacht" is slightly mis-shapen, which I've never seen before. This one also appears to be a solid matte black medal - same finish all over.

The detail is sharp and crisp, it doesn't appear to be a fake, but I'm no expert. Thoughts?

Many kind thanks!

Ostmedaille - Unmarked Eastern Front Medal, Good?Ostmedaille - Unmarked Eastern Front Medal, Good?
    Ostmedaille - Unmarked Eastern Front Medal, Good?Ostmedaille - Unmarked Eastern Front Medal, Good?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ostmedaille - Unmarked Eastern Front Medal, Good?
    P
    Many

I referred to all of the medals (I think...) at the ostmedaille-database.com site, and couldn't find a match for the "broken T" in Winterschlacht. Could it just be an anomaly?

Looks original to me, I'm sure if you check for other details in the exellent data base you will find it. I think your correct in thinking that its an anomaly, maybe a bit of swarf fell in the press during manufacture. Regards Paul

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Looks original to me, I'm sure if you check for other details in the exellent data base you will find it. I think your correct in thinking that its an anomaly, maybe a bit of swarf fell in the press during manufacture. Regards Paul
    Thank you for having a look, Paul. I'll scrutinize the details at the database more closely, but I bet we're both correct on the odd "T" - a bit a debris in the machine might explain it. Thanks!