Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern, Spanienkreuz, Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 25 Jahre.

Article about: Guys, COuld you please tell me what you think about the authenticity of the following medals and badges? thanks

Smile Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern, Spanienkreuz, Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 25 Jahre.

Guys,

COuld you please tell me what you think about the authenticity of the following medals and badges?

thanks

Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern, Spanienkreuz, Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 25 Jahre.

Last edited by Adrian; 10-29-2012 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern, Spanienkreuz, Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 25 Jahre.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: infantry badge, Spanish cross,and 25 year medal with ribbon

I can't comment on the breast eagle but everything else is fake unfortunately.

On the plus side, you can ditch these and start buying originals!

If you have multiple items to post, please post each piece in a seperate thread.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern, Spanienkreuz, Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 25 Jahre.

Adrian,

I'm bummed. Even the 25 year medal is fake? If you don't mind could you please let me know your reasoning for saying these are fakes?

Thanks

?

Default Re: Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern, Spanienkreuz, Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 25 Jahre.

Ok, compared to known originals, none of the above awards bear any features which match known and accepted war time made examples.

The RK des KVK and Spanienkreuz are made of the wrong materials, the details and crispness of finish is lacking, the RK ribbon is not of wartime production and the reverse setup on the Spanienkreuz does not match any known original.

The Infanteriesturmabzeichen is a poorly cast fake as you can tell by the soft details and the reverse.

The NSDAP medal has a reproduction ribbon, the enamel is of very poor quality and this will be obvious with a side by side comparison to an original. It also bleeds between the baeding on the cross, again, TR enamel work was high quality even on the lowly medals, this wouls not be found to such a degree on an original. The trimming outline is very vague, there is excess material on the sunburst areas, the flanges around the edges are uneven. The wording is poorly executed and the eagle is just plain wrong. The base material also looks bad.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The Brest eagle looks like a good Hoheitsabzeichen Kriegsmarine officers white summer tunic eagle to me.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I agree with Adrian on the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and I agree with Eric on the breast eagle. The rest I can't say anything about as I don't study them.
    Ralph.
    Also, please give this thread a read.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discu...ervice-167263/
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree-the breast eagle looks okey, but on the others. Some big ticket items if they had been genuine, but no such luck.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

All,

thank you very much for the advise. I really appreaite it.

Logged back in after a while, have been without power thanks to Sandy