Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SA-Sportabzeichen - Gold or Bronze?

Article about: hello guys, please tell me your opinion, it looks like gold to me, but they say that gold must be numbered.

?

Default SA-Sportabzeichen - Gold or Bronze?

hello guys, please tell me your opinion, it looks like gold to me, but they say that gold must be numbered.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA-Sportabzeichen - Gold or Bronze?   SA-Sportabzeichen - Gold or Bronze?  

SA-Sportabzeichen - Gold or Bronze?   SA-Sportabzeichen - Gold or Bronze?  

SA-Sportabzeichen - Gold or Bronze?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA-Sportabzeichen - Gold or Bronze?
    P
    Many

?

I would say bronze, mate. General consensus on several forums is that the golds were only made by L. Christian Lauer. It might pay to have a bit of a read around the various sites.

Regards
    Brett

I would say bronze as well. Regarding the consensus surrounding L. Christian Lauer as the only maker, Mr Weitze has a gold one for sale that is made by Redo, or at least it is described as gold.

SA-Sportabzeichen in Gold 3. Modell ab 1939 (435089) - III. Reich sport badges and decorations - Military Antiques
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA-Sportabzeichen - Gold or Bronze?   SA-Sportabzeichen - Gold or Bronze?  

?

That's why I suggested for magnat to do a bit of extra reading. There is quite a bit of colour variation with these badges with many bronze examples having a decidedly golden hue. You will have some dealers passing these off as gold while some dealers will be selling badges with the same colouring as bronze. For the price involved with gold badges you have to be extra careful. This is where a bit of research doesn't go astray.

Regards
    Brett

My understanding of the numbering of these badges is that only the early Type 1 and Type 2 variants were numbered at all.

The number on Mr Weitze's example is the catalogue number, not the number on the badge