Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SA-Sportabzeichen: made of iron or « buntmetall ». Is there any logic?

Article about: Hello to all ! I know that some badges are made from iron (steel) and others from « buntmetall », whatever the type (bronze, silver, gold). I have the impression that those made from buntm

?

Default SA-Sportabzeichen: made of iron or « buntmetall ». Is there any logic?

Hello to all !

I know that some badges are made from iron (steel) and others from « buntmetall », whatever the type (bronze, silver, gold). I have the impression that those made from buntmetall are rarer.
    I first thought that the type 1 models would preferably be made of buntmetall (tombak, etc…), and that due to the lack of copper towards the end of the war, we would only find badges in steel (types 3 and 4). However, this is not the case, since some Type 1 badges are made of steel.

For my personal culture, does anyone have an explanation on this subject? Are brass badges really rarer and therefore more sought after?
    Thank you in advance for your feedback on this subject, which raises questions for me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA-Sportabzeichen: made of iron or « buntmetall ». Is there any logic?
    P
    Many

As far as I know, the Type 1 badges from the manufacturer "Bonner Kunstabzeichen" are always made of non-ferrous metal. This manufacturer seems to have only produced Type 1 badges. I only know of badges made of iron from the Redo company in Saarlautern. At the end of the war, all metals were in short supply, not just copper or silver. It is probably more a question of price, because copper is of course much more expensive than iron. In general, however, it is true that badges made of non-ferrous metal are rarer than those made of iron.

Also the early badges from Lauer in Nürnberg, who has the first producer of them, were made of bronze. Lauer and Bonner produced also silver badges, but Lauer was the only producer of golden badges which are accepted from all collectors.

Hi, indeed i have an Silver Bonner Kunstabzeichen type 1. its made of tombak.
    My 1st type bronze, is by E.Schneider is steel base type.
    my personal preference are Type 1's.
    still looking for a gold one :-)

Lauer made 3 different numbered bronze types !