Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen makers and maker marks

Article about: Hello, I have a question about the Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen 1st form and 2nd form. Does anyone have a list of all the makers and makers marks of these medals? I hear and see sometimes tha

?

Default Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen makers and maker marks

Hello,

I have a question about the Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen 1st form and 2nd form.

Does anyone have a list of all the makers and makers marks of these medals? I hear and see sometimes that there were also French makers. I understand there were military contracts to make these medals. But is the list here below the total list or are there more makers? Did all the medals have always maker marks or are they sometimes unmarked for example at the end of the war when they did not have time or resources?

I have added here below some that I could find.

1st Model:

F.W. Assmann & Söhne from Lüdenscheid - A

Foerster & Barth from Pforzheim - L/12

C. Schwerin & Sohn - Schwerin Berlin 68

2nd Model:
    F.W. Assmann & Söhne from Lüdenscheid - AS

C. Schwerin & Sohn - Schwerin Berlin 68 - FEC. W. E. PEEKHAUS AUSF. SCHWERIN BERLIN 68

Rudolf Souval from Viena - RS

Thank you in advance!

Erik

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen makers and maker marks
    P
    Many

?

Here are basically all the makers pointed out by Norm F on WAF.

The French maker "Bacqueville" is controversial since there is no evidence that they actually made badges during the war. According to some, allied soldiers did return with Bacqueville badges but we don't know if they actually were a licensed maker or if they just made souvenirs for allied soldiers. There just isn't any evidence to confirm anything.

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards, Tobias!

?

Quote by Sensei View Post

Here are basically all the makers pointed out by Norm F on WAF.

The French maker "Bacqueville" is controversial since there is no evidence that they actually made badges during the war. According to some, allied soldiers did return with Bacqueville badges but we don't know if they actually were a licensed maker or if they just made souvenirs for allied soldiers. There just isn't any evidence to confirm anything.

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards, Tobias!

Yes it answers my question thank you very much!

The list put together by Norm at WAF and posted above by Tobias is what we have to date and in it is quite accurate.

As far as the French made badges are concerned,it is a controversial subject and i am one who beleives they were postwar produced.I have been a collector of photographs showing KM awards in wear for decades,and i have never seen one of these French made awards in wear on a period photo.
    Still waiting though !!

Cheers,Martin.
    Last edited by martinw; 08-17-2021 at 06:45 AM.

?

Quote by martinw View Post
    The list put together by Norm at WAF and posted above by Tobias is what we have to date and in it is quite accurate.

As far as the French made badges are concerned,it is a controversial subject and i am one who beleives they were postwar produced.I have been a collector of photographs showing KM awards in wear for decades,and i have never seen one of these French made awards in wear on a period photo.
    Still waiting though !!

Cheers,Martin.
    Thank you!