Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Schutzenschnur

Article about: I came across this shooting lanyard at a show. I could use some opinions on it as a new area for me. Real or Fake ? Thanks for your opinions. John

Default Schutzenschnur

I came across this shooting lanyard at a show. I could use some opinions on it as a new area for me. Real or Fake ? Thanks for your opinions.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schutzenschnur   Schutzenschnur  

Schutzenschnur   Schutzenschnur  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schutzenschnur
    P
    Many

Hi John,
    It appears original with a replaced shield.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph for your opinion. I had a feeling that I should not be seeing the mounting pins.

John

Ralph, do you think the replacement shield is a repro?

John

I believe it is okay, you can compare with a couple I have.
    There is some variation in the sword hilts.
    Ralph.

Schutzenschnur
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you Ralph for showing your collection of shooting Lanyards. They all look in great condition. I have been looking for a Panzer lanyard but they are very elusive. I bought this one for $80 at a show, took a chance. The search continues.

John

Ralph, I was at a show last weekend and after talking with a dealer about using a black light to detect fakes, I decided to purchase one. I have very few medals with ribbons. By chance, I put the light up to the shooting lanyard and saw a lot of glowing. It seems that the silver turned deep purple, the light colored backing nothing. Wondering if you have ever checked any of your lanyard with a black light.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schutzenschnur   Schutzenschnur  

Schutzenschnur  

Ralph, you have posted many shooting lanyard. I was wondering if you have ever seen an original lanyard with no backing on the rope.

John

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Ralph, you have posted many shooting lanyard. I was wondering if you have ever seen an original lanyard with no backing on the rope.

John
    I can't give any dates or anything like that but, I believe, the pre war and early ones did not have a backing strip.
    They should only be found with the early, or lower grade badges on them.
    Likely something like wear to the tunics dictated the implementation of them.
    Ralph.

MAP
    ?

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Ralph, I was at a show last weekend and after talking with a dealer about using a black light to detect fakes, I decided to purchase one. I have very few medals with ribbons. By chance, I put the light up to the shooting lanyard and saw a lot of glowing. It seems that the silver turned deep purple, the light colored backing nothing. Wondering if you have ever checked any of your lanyard with a black light.

John
    Just a thought, but not sure if the "bullion" type thread is applicable for black light testing. The organic materials in your test seem to be fine.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast