Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SHuCo attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.

Article about: One more posted for reference, a Sohni, Heubach u. Co (S.H.u.Co) from Idar-Oberstein attributed Minesweeper badge also referred to as a 'straight wave' variant because of the waves at the bo

?

Default SHuCo attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.

One more posted for reference, a Sohni, Heubach u. Co (S.H.u.Co) from Idar-Oberstein attributed Minesweeper badge also referred to as a 'straight wave' variant because of the waves at the bottom of the badge being, well..... straight. Other badges have more of a chop on the water and the lines depicting them are more wavy.

The only other straight wave variant is the badge attributed to Lind & Meyrer and marked with LM on the reverse although there is debate over the maker.

This example attributed to S.H.u.Co is unmarked and made of zinc. The gilt wreath and reverse have been refinished, most untouched examples of this badge have the usual faded to grey appearance. The hinge is a sheet metal wrap over, the pin is a round wire and the catch is also round wire mounted on a round base plate.

Another variant that has been very difficult to track down, it's always the ones you are looking for that are hardest to find.....
    This one was being sold as an old fake on a dealer site, fortunately Norm was on hand to cast his more expert eye over it to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me so consequently it was obtained for a very cheap price.

Not the ideal example but I'd rather it was in my collection than running the risk of being trashed at some point or abused on a re-enactor's outfit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SHuCo attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.   SHuCo attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

SHuCo attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.   SHuCo attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

SHuCo attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SHuCo attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.
    P
    Many

You Sir really like KM badges . They are rather nice with the gold gilt finish , and being the smallest of the armed forces etc…

?

Yes sir. Because I can't afford Luftwaffe badges!

LW are just stunning 🤩. They are pricey. You know I shall post a LW badge

?

Go for it, everyone loves a Luftwaffe badge!

I have a few of them. I’m more of a tunic guy in LW. It’s been tough parting with my collection, but if you do it little by little the pain isn’t as bad

Very nice SHuCo attributed badge Ade.

Cheers,Martin.

?

Nice badge. I do lean towards this one being regilded on the wreath and the reverse. The texture seems off compared with the usual.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SHuCo attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.   SHuCo attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

?

Completely agree about the finish Norm, most likely the reason it was labeled a reproduction.