MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Silber Verdienstmedaille der Deutschen Adlerodern

Article about: I am looking for advice on whether or not this is an authentic medal or a repro. I have been researching and reading the posts made by mariscal rommel and am beginning to think it might be f

Default Silber Verdienstmedaille der Deutschen Adlerodern

I am looking for advice on whether or not this is an authentic medal or a repro.

I have been researching and reading the posts made by mariscal rommel and am beginning to think it might be fake.

As in mariscals warning a few years back about these medals, I'm now beginning to think that the breast/chest feathers look a bit sharp and the swastikas don't look as good as maybe they should be.

There are no marks stamped on the medal. On the curtain ring there are 3 little oblong shaped stamps but perhaps these are nothing worth mentioning.

If more photos are required, I'd be happy to go get them.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by rbminis; 12-14-2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silber Verdienstmedaille der Deutschen Adlerodern
    P
    Many

I'm just bumpping this to the top in case someone does have an opinion on it.

I haven't bought it (yet) and from the response so far I'm thinking that I won't

Thanks

Maybe the people with knowledge on this medal just have not seen it yet.
    Be patient,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi there, I know very little about these. To me the Swastika's are far from what I'd expect on such an award. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Hi there, I know very little about these. To me the Swastika's are far from what I'd expect on such an award. Stewy
    Also, compare the eagle's beaks with one another and you will see considerable differences.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yeah, that's good enough for me boys.

Like I said, I had researched a little and had come to half a conclusion but it's good to get more experienced views.

It's like they've run out of swastik leg and had to leave one short on each symbol.

To the bin with you...

Never bin awards, not even fakes. In the right hands they serve a purpose for research & detecting other fakes. You may get a few quid for them. I DO stress, they need to be passed on to a recognized collector of this type of award. Otherwise in 12 months it'll be doing the rounds again. Even if you keep it, you'll have a reference point should you find another. Stewy

I have an example that I am confident is original. At least all the Adler beaks look the same!

Silber Verdienstmedaille der Deutschen Adlerodern Silber Verdienstmedaille der Deutschen Adlerodern

MAP
    ?

Not an award I know much about, but just compare these details to Glenn's:

- Swastika
    - The feathers between the legs
    - The details of the legs themselves

As said, I don't know these, maybe there were different makes with different dies but I'm not liking this one.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This thread My German Eagle Order Collection has good examples of the above medal, which happily confirm my example as a good'un but would appear to condemn the topic starter example.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast