Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?

Article about: Hello all, someone is offering me an SA sport badge 3rd pattern. I don't collect medals, i've got a few because they came with the papers of a soldier. With this one i have my doubts, and ma

Default Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?

Hello all,
    someone is offering me an SA sport badge 3rd pattern.
    I don't collect medals, i've got a few because they came with the papers of a soldier.
    With this one i have my doubts, and maybe you can tell me if my doubts are good.
    In mine opinion the text Saarlautern is in a poor condition and not as it should be
    Also the connection of the needle, the needle itself and the thing where the needles hooks in, doesn't seem ok.
    I've searched on the internet on this maker and these things doesn't look the same as on this medal.

What is your opinion about the medal ????

Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-11-2021 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silberes SA-Sportabzeichen 3rd pattern, is it fake or good ?
    P
    Many

Please read this thread regarding posting in the Orders and Decorations section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.

IMO, it is not an original.
    You can compare to my bronze example here.
    Bronzes SA-Sportabzeichen, Werner Redo
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Please read this thread regarding posting in the Orders and Decorations section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.

IMO, it is not an original.
    You can compare to my bronze example here.
    Bronzes SA-Sportabzeichen, Werner Redo
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph,
    thnx for the advice about the terminology, i'll think about it the next time i post a medal.

What is the giveaway with this SA sportabzeichen, is it the poor text stamping ?
    My thought was the text,..

greetings, Casper

?

Hello Casper,
    You were correct with your concerns about the hardware on this badge. The hinge block is integral on these cast fakes and will be found on all sorts of bogus awards. The sloppy fitting pins will vary.
    Here is a link to another Redo fake. Same hinge block, different pin, same flaws:

Is this SA Sportabzeichen genuine?

Regards
    Brett

Hello Brett,
    thnx for your answer ,..
    I checked the link you gave, and saw the same flaws as on the SA badge i'm offered.
    i'll show it to the guy who wants to sell it to me, and give it back to him.
    Glad i didn't pay for it allready

many thanks,
    greetings ,
    Casper

Quote by casper sporck View Post
    Hi Ralph,

What is the giveaway with this SA sportabzeichen, is it the poor text stamping ?
    My thought was the text,..

greetings, Casper
    Did you take a look at the example I posted a link to, to see what an original should look like?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph,
    Yes i did take a look at your post, and saw the difference.
    I did look at the link that Brett gave me,
    so i could see another fake one.

Greetings,
    Casper
    Last edited by casper sporck; 09-13-2021 at 10:22 AM.