Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spanienkreuz in Bronze?

Article about: Before I use it as a ninja star on my next camping trip, I wanted to confirm that this Spanish Cross without Swords is indeed a fake. I've looked at many examples on the forum and the detail

Default Spanienkreuz in Bronze?

Before I use it as a ninja star on my next camping trip, I wanted to confirm that this Spanish Cross without Swords is indeed a fake.

I've looked at many examples on the forum and the details on the eagles are just awkward. The eagles' feet look horrendous. The eagles also have the notorious "droop tail", which I believe is common among faked Spanish crosses.

The piece is marked with an "L/21" and is missing its pin. It just looks very crude, but I have no experience with this medal. That being said,I bought this as one of my first pieces for $50 at a antique fair so finding out it's a fake won't be so terrible... Your feedback is much appreciated, thank you in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanienkreuz in Bronze?   Spanienkreuz in Bronze?  

Spanienkreuz in Bronze?   Spanienkreuz in Bronze?  

Last edited by rbminis; 09-24-2015 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanienkreuz in Bronze?
    P
    Many

You seem to have it covered quite accurately, it is a rather gruesome fake trying but failing to be a Foerster & Barth SC w/o Swords in bronze. At least you haven't been too badly burned!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Ugh, I was clinging onto the .00001% chance that this might be real. I've had it front and center in my collection for the past couple months. Stupid. Now I know...

On the flip side...
    Ninja star time!!!!!!

Quote by ineedcoffee View Post
    Ugh, I was clinging onto the .00001% chance that this might be real. I've had it front and center in my collection for the past couple months. Stupid. Now I know...

On the flip side...
    Ninja star time!!!!!!
    ineedastiffdrink...???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)