Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwertern - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to now opinion regarding this Spanish cross in silver with swords which is an unmarked example. I was checking some sites and found one with similar eagles but that one

?

Default Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwertern - ask for help

Hi guys,
    I would like to now opinion regarding this Spanish cross in silver with swords which is an unmarked example. I was checking some sites and found one with similar eagles but that one was marked 835. Can you take a look at the attached pictures what I know are not the perfect one, but maybe you will be able to recognize the maker of this one in case it is a good one. Any opinion is welcome. Thank you.
    Mike

Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwertern - ask for helpSpanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwertern - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwertern - ask for help
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

For me, one of the hardest awards to give an opinion on. Especially the unmarked versions.

That said, I wouldn't even be able to guess given the size and quality of photos.

Clear high quality close up photos of the hardware, eagles, Swastika and swords are critical.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you for your reply. I have asked for better pictures and in case I receive them I will add them.

?

Finally, I have received better pictures of the Spanish cross in silver with swords. I hope the resolution is good.

Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwertern - ask for help
    Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwertern - ask for helpSpanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwertern - ask for help

MAP
    ?

I have yet to see a Spanish Cross with that type of bent sheet metal hinge. All examples I've seen have robust block hinges.

I have also never seen a Spanish Cross with hollow eagles.

But there were many makers of these awards and I have not seen them all so if others have, I'm happy to stand corrected.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have yet to see another TR award with a pin like this. There is something odd about it where it attaches to the hinge, (in the pin open photo).
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I have yet to see another TR award with a pin like this. There is something odd about it where it attaches to the hinge, (in the pin open photo).
    Ralph.
    Yes, saw that as well. Never seen a pin with a base like that either. Almost looks like the top of a nail but cut in half as it isn't visible on the top side.

Other issues/questions too. The poorly formed swaztika's and the reverse shapes of the sword hilts/crossguards to point out a few.

Edit: It appears that this pin/hinge style is made by Godet. Here is an example on Lakeside trader. Not saying that this Spanish Cross is real, but at least, assuming of course, the award on LST is real, it is a known type

Cased 2nd Class Eagle Order with Swords by 21 | Lakesidetrader

Mike: At least (again assuming the LST is real), we may try and assume this Spanish Cross is trying to be a Godet. At least a starting point to do some research.

But my single reference material on this award does not list Godet as a maker of these awards. (apparently they made the "diamond" examples though).

But....I'm way beyond my expertise now....
    Last edited by MAP; 08-20-2020 at 04:36 AM.

?

Thank you for your replies. I have checked other Godet orders and you are right it is the exactly type of hinge, needle and pin used on this cross. But why somebody would use hollow eagles (which I think is more difficult to make than a solid ones) to create a fake even with a knowledge that other Spanish Crosses do not have this type of eagles?