Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on thisSS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)l?

Article about: Have the chance to buy 2 SS medals, I will post the 8 year first. Thanks everyone!

Default Thoughts on thisSS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)l?

Have the chance to buy 2 SS medals, I will post the 8 year first. Thanks everyone!
    Thoughts on thisSS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)l?Thoughts on thisSS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)l?
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-20-2023 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on thisSS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)l?
    P
    Many

I don't like it.

Could you explain why? Not that I doubt it, I know almost all SS stuff is faked, I just don’t know what to look for specifically on these pieces. I am aware of the ribbon styles, but that’s about as far as my knowledge goes with medals! Thanks!

Quote by Nwassel View Post
    Could you explain why? Not that I doubt it, I know almost all SS stuff is faked, I just don’t know what to look for specifically on these pieces. I am aware of the ribbon styles, but that’s about as far as my knowledge goes with medals! Thanks!
    It's hard to be specific with such small pics but I don't like the definition or the finish and it looks like a casting to me.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I have edited the title of your thread.
    I asked that you read this thread regarding posting in this section of the forum, I see that you did not. Please do.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.

If you do a search using the title, you will find many threads regarding this type of medal, many with explanations of what to look for.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Apologies, I’m new to using forums such as this.

Quote by Nwassel View Post
    Mark said it all.

raz
    ?

You need really good pictures up close to see the texture pattern . The reproductions are very close but not close enough . There is a type 1 and type 2 . Here is my type 1 to compare . The type 2 has more of a stipple pattern but both have a distinct finger print . Hope this is helpful . Click on pic to inlarge .

Thoughts on thisSS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)l?Thoughts on thisSS-Dienstauszeichnung 3.Stufe (8 Jahre)l?

Good advice! I’ll see if he can send me some closer, more detailed pictures and post for your review!

Here are some closer pics the gentleman just sent me, I appreciate everyone’s time!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast