Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen 25 Jahre Real or fake?

Article about: Hello, this is my loyal service award in silver for 25 years of loyalty with a box, the box is marked but the medal isn't, also the cross the ring and the needle are not magnetic. Is this re

Default Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen 25 Jahre Real or fake?

Hello, this is my loyal service award in silver for 25 years of loyalty with a box, the box is marked but the medal isn't, also the cross the ring and the needle are not magnetic.
    Is this real? And if it is what year is it from?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen 25 Jahre Real or fake?   Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen 25 Jahre Real or fake?  

Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen 25 Jahre Real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen 25 Jahre Real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

It looks OK from the photos. And it could be from 1938 the date of institution to 1945. Impossible to say for certain.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you very much

Its real , i dont think its worth to copy because the worth is low

?

You'd be surprised what is reproduced. Even low end items such as above are all faked. You can't say something is definitely original because it's common or low in value and that applies across the board.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    You'd be surprised what is reproduced. Even low end items such as above are all faked. You can't say something is definitely original because it's common or low in value and that applies across the board.
    Absolutely true. I've even handled fake wound badges in black - one of the least expensive and most commonly encountered TR era awards. Some of these may have been made for "reenactors", but had still been artificially aged and "antiqued" to look the part. If there's a buck to be made, someone will fake it.

-DF

There are even fake Hindenburg Crosses. Original examples retail in England for between £10 and £15 each.

I will only echo what others have said that basically just about everything from the Third Reich era has been faked, copied, reproduced. You must remain skeptical as well as vigilant and not gullible if anyone considers collecting Third Reich items in this day and age. The advent of the internet has only helped the folks who make copies and fakes due to the instance availability of information..

Reference books, studying and knowing what you are collecting will save you lots of money.

Smitty

Quote by Adrian View Post
    It looks OK from the photos.
    I agree with Adrian, it appears to be original from these photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)