Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Types of SA-Sportabzeichen

Article about: by wharfrat57 Thank you. Very helpful information. Mine is a type 2. nice to know that info. Is your nick from that Grateful Deaad song, bit off topic but curious.

Default Types of SA-Sportabzeichen

Hey gang...Not sure if this was posted before or not but I thought I would put this on here and it might be worth considering pinning this for future reference.....

I thought I would show how to differentiate SA sport badges....not by colour but by type - and time of issue.

There are three types of SA badges that were issued. Generally - collectors call them type 1, type 2 and type 3 (type 1 being the earliest issue).

I'm dont' think the look of the badges changed between periods of issue - but the writting on the back is what differentiates each period.

Here's the info:

Type 1 has the inscription "Eigentum des Chefs des Ausdildungswesens" (meaning Property of the Head of Physical Conditioning) and dates from 1934-35. These are the earliest SA sports badges.

Type 2 has the inscription "Eigentum der SA-Sportabzeichen-Hauptstelle" (meaning Property of the SA Sport Badge Head Department) and dates from 1935-1939.

Type 3 is the final badge issue. It has the inscription "Eigentum der Obersten SA-Fuhrung" (Meaning: Property of the SA Supreme Command) and dates from 1939 - 1945.

Hope you guys find this information useful. Have a look at the back of your SA sports badge...now you can find out when your badge was issued!

Cheers!

Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Types of SA-Sportabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Types of SA sport badges

Type 1:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Types of SA-Sportabzeichen   Types of SA-Sportabzeichen  

Type 2:
    Attached Images Attached Images Types of SA-Sportabzeichen  Types of SA-Sportabzeichen 

Type 3....

...and incidentally, you'll notice that all three grades (gold, silver, bronze) are shown.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Types of SA-Sportabzeichen  
    Attached Images Attached Images Types of SA-Sportabzeichen 

Very good information
    Thank you !

Regards
    Jørn

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Hey gang...Not sure if this was posted before or not but I thought I would put this on here and it might be worth considering pinning this for future reference.....

I thought I would show how to differentiate SA sport badges....not by colour but by type - and time of issue.

There are three types of SA badges that were issued. Generally - collectors call them type 1, type 2 and type 3 (type 1 being the earliest issue).

I'm dont' think the look of the badges changed between periods of issue - but the writting on the back is what differentiates each period.

Here's the info:

Type 1 has the inscription "Eigentum des Chefs des Ausdildungswesens" (meaning Property of the Head of Physical Conditioning) and dates from 1934-35. These are the earliest SA sports badges.

Type 2 has the inscription "Eigentum der SA-Sportabzeichen-Hauptstelle" (meaning Property of the SA Sport Badge Head Department) and dates from 1935-1939.

Type 3 is the final badge issue. It has the inscription "Eigentum der Obersten SA-Fuhrung" (Meaning: Property of the SA Supreme Command) and dates from 1939 - 1945.

Hope you guys find this information useful. Have a look at the back of your SA sports badge...now you can find out when your badge was issued!

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks, Rob !

This is important info on these badges .

Regards, Steve.

Honestly, these are my most favorite badges. Not extremely high in value but extremely beautiful IMO.

I picked my first Bronze one up 4 months ago and hoping i will pick up the silver in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for showing Rob.

rgds, Ty

?

thanks lach.

hey rob great post!

Thanks for the info! I now know mines a type 1.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast