Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

U-boot Frontspange in Bronze - possibly real??

Article about: I found this Kriegsabzeichen in a local Antique store and it appears to me to be a fake item....Not sure if the "curved" wings on the Eagle are a "tell" that it's fake??.

Default U-boot Frontspange in Bronze - possibly real??

I found this Kriegsabzeichen in a local Antique store and it appears to me to be a fake item....Not sure if the "curved" wings on the Eagle are a "tell" that it's fake??.....Also, Not very crisp or detailed, but I don't know these Badges...
    Is there any possibility of it being original?? .... I'm thinking it's a fake.....Have to ask....

What do you guys think? [I]You're the Experts...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-boot Frontspange in Bronze - possibly real??   U-boot Frontspange in Bronze - possibly real??  

U-boot Frontspange in Bronze - possibly real??   U-boot Frontspange in Bronze - possibly real??  

U-boot Frontspange in Bronze - possibly real??  
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-01-2023 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-boot Frontspange in Bronze - possibly real??
    P
    Many

?

From the photos, I'm going to say a cast fake. These badges were cast originally so the quality is somewhat lacking, even on original badges.
    However, this one just seems to be really lacking it. The makers mark is very soft in detail.
    If you can get photos in natural light it might show something different but from these, I would not be buying it as an original.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    From the photos, I'm going to say a cast fake. These badges were cast originally so the quality is somewhat lacking, even on original badges.
    However, this one just seems to be really lacking it. The makers mark is very soft in detail.
    If you can get photos in natural light it might show something different but from these, I would not be buying it as an original.
    I agree with Adrian.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Bad details, bad hardware Bad casting prove this to be a bad 2nd pattern Uboot clasp Regards paul