Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U-boot Kriegsabzeichen

Article about: Greetings to all members! Would be grateful for your opinion on this badge. Thanks

?

Default U-boot Kriegsabzeichen

Greetings to all members! Would be grateful for your opinion on this badge. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-boot Kriegsabzeichen   U-boot Kriegsabzeichen  

Last edited by rbminis; 03-20-2021 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-boot Kriegsabzeichen
    P
    Many

Sorry to say but I do not like anything about this one but to be specific the catch is totally wrong and that maker mark is not even close. The detail is all pretty weird too even allowing for the fact that the images are at an oblique angle.

I hope you did not buy this or if you did you can get a refund

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

were coke bottle pins ever used on U-BOAT BADGES?

Quote by toot View Post
    were coke bottle pins ever used on U-BOAT BADGES?
    That pin is pretty much the correct shape for a marked Schwerin but the hinge block should be laid flat not upright.

However, whether the pin shape is correct is a moot point as the rest of the badge is wrong anyway.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

No doubt a fake.

Cheers Thomas

Quote by Thomas Bendixen View Post
    No doubt a fake.

Cheers Thomas
    Not to hi-jack the thread but Hi Thomas, long time no see

Ciney 2012 I think? I didn't know you were lurking here

U-boot Kriegsabzeichen

Regards

Mark

hi Mark

Sent PM.

Cheers Tho as

Quote by Pkal21 View Post
    Greetings to all members! Would be grateful for your opinion on this badge. Thanks
    Welcome to the forum.
    For threads posted in the Orders and Decorations section of this forum, please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you all for the kind replies. I apologize for any inconvenience I have caused as it is the first time I posted and I am not fully familiar with German terminology. No, I have not bought this but was interested to receive the views of the group. And it was pretty nice to see that this post gave the opportunity for old friends to meet again. Thanks again guys.

Quote by Pkal21 View Post
    Thank you all for the kind replies. I apologize for any inconvenience I have caused as it is the first time I posted and I am not fully familiar with German terminology. No, I have not bought this but was interested to receive the views of the group. And it was was pretty nice to see that this post gave the opportunity for old friends to meet again. Thanks again guys.
    No inconvenience at all, it's what the forum is all about. The German terminology thing is something that helps keep everything clear and unambiguous on an international forum and you know about it now so that's cool!

Regards

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast