Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ubootskriegsabzeichen: Good or bad?

Article about: Can y’all help me determine if this is real or fake

Default Ubootskriegsabzeichen: Good or bad?

Can y’all help me determine if this is real or fake
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ubootskriegsabzeichen: Good or bad?   Ubootskriegsabzeichen: Good or bad?  

Ubootskriegsabzeichen: Good or bad?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ubootskriegsabzeichen: Good or bad?
    P
    Many

I'm assuming it's a fake, I don't think Imme was a maker of the badge......but wait for the naval experts

I don't believe that JMME was a manufacturer of this award.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

That’s what I thought it was bad but I was just making sure. Thanks

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I don't believe that JMME was a manufacturer of this award.
    Ralph.
    I agree, as far as I know this is not one of the recognised makers of this badge.

Also the detail on the obverse is very "rounded" looking, the maker mark itself is rather odd looking, the base meatal looks wrong (I acknowledge that could be the old "colour rendition issue") and the pronounced flash line around the whole of the reverse is not right.

Just on a reference point, "Kriegsabzeichen" just means "War Badge" so anyone searching the forum for U-Boot/U-Boat will not find this thread. The full name for this badge is "Ubootskriegsabzeichen 1939" but the important element is "U-Boot/Boat" which would enable those researching other items to find this thread.

Hope you didn't buy this one?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."