Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Dritte Stufe

Article about: Hi everybody. Just got this German Mother cross in bronze from a relative in Germany whose grandmother had been awarded it, so no qualms about provenance or authenticity. What does intrigue

Default Unusual Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Dritte Stufe

Hi everybody. Just got this German Mother cross in bronze from a relative in Germany whose grandmother had been awarded it, so no qualms about provenance or authenticity.

What does intrigue me however, is that fact that for a bronze award, it seems to have unusual gilding, making it look almost like the gold version. I have never seen a bronze award looking so shiney and was wondering if anybody could shed some light on the matter.

I have photographed it alongside my existing bronze and gold crosses for comparrison.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Dritte Stufe   Unusual Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Dritte Stufe  

Unusual Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Dritte Stufe   Unusual Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Dritte Stufe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Dritte Stufe
    P
    Many

Hi!
    I think it’s either a faded gold grade or a manufacturer’s characteristic (Deumer's golds are not very shiny).
    Bronze grade too bright for me.

It does throw up some interesting questions as to how the recipient, who only had four children, came to be awarded this particular cross. I agree with you Alex, that it does look more like a gold cross than a bronze example.

IMO, it looks more like gold to me as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looks also like a gold mother cross to me.
    Many reasons could explain why the grandmother of your relatives - who apparently was awarded the bronze class - has actually been in possession of the gold class : This one could have been attributed to another member of her family, it could have been a replacement cross, etc.
    Some vets lost their medals and acquired new medals even after the war....
    I have also seen a Urkunde for the attribution of a Mutterkreuz dated from the end of May ! Everything is possible especially after 75 years

End of May 1945 of course ...