Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold

Article about: Hello Need some help with it Thank you

?

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold

Hello
    Need some help with it
    Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold   Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold  

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold   Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold  

Last edited by rbminis; 02-03-2019 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold
    P
    Many

?

Anyone please?

Even if the badge is original, it appears refinished, IMO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Ralph

I don't know about the color it can be just a case of the wrong lighting. Looking though at the catch I do not like it. There are two know gold fakes that have a similar lily pad catch, L53 and L56. With this being said I would walk away from this one.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold  

?

Quote by War Medals View Post
    I don't know about the color it can be just a case of the wrong lighting. Looking though at the catch I do not like it. There are two know gold fakes that have a similar lily pad catch, L53 and L56. With this being said I would walk away from this one.

John
    The catch on the Op's badge is fine and is what you would expect to see on a Deschler/Wiedmann variant. Have a good look at the original badge shown. It has a flatwire catch, not roundwire like the example you show. This following link will give you some idea as to the catch in both large and small mounting plate :

Wiedmann/Deschler Verwundetenabzeichen variants

Personally I think the badge is in with a chance, but better straight on photos, not angled, taken in better lighting would certainly help. I don't want to develop a crick in the neck looking at these photos.

Regards
    Brett

?

Thanks guys. I had to make a quick decision, so I let it go :/ Didn't wanna take any risk.
    Best regards

Very first impression - something is off. It may just be the lighting, but it looks like a piece of costume jewelry to me. I have a little bit of experience in this, as I used to make original pendants out of gold. A gold cast has more detail and is sharper in all areas, unless dealing with a novice die maker. I don't believe Deschler/Wiedmann left the die making process to amateurs. There are a lot more discrepancies, but I don't believe more detailed analysis is necessary. Again, I'm not an expert in the period pieces, just using my limited experience in gold smithing.

I think you made a very wise decision and should have no trouble sleeping tonight.

Attached a quick comparison of some of the things I didn't like. The piece in question is just so much less refined than the one on the right - a picture of a genuine from the link provided by Brett.

Last edited by rbminis; 02-07-2019 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Edited to add photo.

?

Hello Eric
    Why don't you put photo # 5, which is the clearest picture, next to the badge in post # 4 of the link I provided. That way you are comparing two solid badges. It would be interesting to compare the dot patterns.

Regards
    Brett

Here ya go...Both desaturated and color corrected in order to compare detail only, not patina. Should be pretty self evident.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast