Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Where do the 1957 versions of Third Reich awards belong?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • In the Bundeswehr forum?

18 36.73%
  • In the Third Reich awards forum?

31 63.27%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Where do the 1957 awards belong?

Article about: Subforum in TR I would say. Not BW.

?

Thumbs up

Well for some reason it seems that I didn't jump in here a long time ago. oh well, I'm here now!

I'd say they should be in a seperate section because, while they are a direkt descendent of the WW 2 period, they are a modified version that was specifically authorized for WW 2 Vets now serving in the BW.
    Sarge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Where do the 1957 awards belong?
    P
    Many

I would say that a TR sub-section is the obvious choice if one considers the way an index would be compiled. The 1957 regulations govern the appropriate possession entitlements and wear (out of uniform as well as in the BW) which is one thing but the awards themselves ie the actual badges are very definately part of the lineage of the original award as much as tombak versus zinc versus stamped/cast/plated/painted or cloth versions.

These badges were authorised fo wear by BW personnel but were not issued or managed in that way by the BW and were also a way that a WWII veteran could demonstrate his hard won experience in a sanitized and politically acceptable way which is why as stated above not all TR awards had a '57 version because purely Nazi awards were excluded. Therefore, the '57 awards illustrated military service and experience but not NS affiliation.

For me the '57 awards sit firmly in the TR timeline.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I just looked again and realised how old this thread is, it began nearly a year before I joined the forum so I would never have seen it but for a new post!!

I think that might be the problem with responses as even with a new post one might note the date of the first post and dismiss the thread as so old as to be no longer a live issue.

Perhaps a moderator is able to flag the issue as current in some way as it is still very valid and resolution would make searching the forum a great deal more effective.

Just a thought

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

As they were a re issue of third reich stuff i say third reich!...

Edit, sorry guys i didn't realise how old this thread was!..

Subcategory to TR awards.

/Jonas

As I said nearly 5 years ago: Third Reich section. (Maybe as a separate sub-forum.)

I see that a more than two-third majority has voted for TR, in fact.

Which begs the question: Why are they in the Bundeswehr sub-forum in spite of this?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    As I said nearly 5 years ago: Third Reich section. (Maybe as a separate sub-forum.)

I see that a more than two-third majority has voted for TR, in fact.

Which begs the question: Why are they in the Bundeswehr sub-forum in spite of this?
    It was likely forgotten about by the Admins and Mods so, I am sure that now that it has been brought forward again, Ade will likely see it again and make some form of decision.
    Ralph.

P.S. Possibly, the Moderator of the BW section has more knowledge of these awards?
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

"P.S. Possibly, the Moderator of the BW section has more knowledge of these awards?"
    This seems to be likely!....

?

As for me 57 have completely no value at all, as they represent completely different system, and part of history, they represent defeat, and thats what they stand up for. It would be good to make a new tab fot hem, example added below. Completely new tab, please, dont mix them with the genuine awards.

My answer earlier was not proofed before I sent it. I think the '57 awards belong in the BW section as they were authorized by the Bundes Repiblic ( I hope I spelled that correctly ), not the Third Reich.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast