Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941 / 42 MM65

Article about: Good day forum My new Ostmedaille has just arrived. After using the data base the other week to identify my unmarked (30) I gained a new respect and interest for this medal. This is the resu

?

Default Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941 / 42 MM65

Good day forum
    My new Ostmedaille has just arrived. After using the data base the other week to identify my unmarked (30) I gained a new respect and interest for this medal. This is the result.

It has most of its finish to it with just a little bubbling underneath. It has a ring stamp that is difficult to make out but thanks to the database I can say for certain that it is a 65 by Klein & Quenzer. I do so like a good K&Q.
    Now I need to find a good one with its packet as well and then who knows where it will end.
    Wilko

Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941 / 42 MM65 Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941 / 42 MM65 Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941 / 42 MM65

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941 / 42 MM65
    P
    Many

Beautiful. I too am getting quite enthused by these posts. Okay Wilko if I add mine to your thread later ?
    David

?

Yeah David, be my guest, I'd really love to see it. I'm really getting to love these medals, it's getting as infectious as EK's.
    Wilko

A nice one! The bubbling adds to its appearance, at least in my opinion, rather than detracting from it.

My one and only Ostmedaille. Unmarked, unfortunately. And from eBay of all places!

Regards, B.B.

?

Hi B.B. Another fine Ostmedallie.
    Are you going to have a go using the database to identity it?

I too like the bubbling, as you know I don't always like minty new looking. It has to say to me, 'Look i've been around a while'. Bit like me really.
    Ken

Quote by Wilko View Post
    Hi B.B. Another fine Ostmedallie.
    Are you going to have a go using the database to identity it?

I too like the bubbling, as you know I don't always like minty new looking. It has to say to me, 'Look i've been around a while'. Bit like me really.
    Ken
    I may very well give it a go! I've never given it much thought, as I don't collect awards by specific makers.

The bubbling is a bit like the rust veins you get on the cores of EK's. Technically it's damage, but it adds character to the award.

EDIT: Have given the database a go. I guess I lack the eye for detail to identify a specific maker. They all look the same to me!

B.B.

Quote by Wilko View Post
    Good day forum
    My new Ostmedaille has just arrived. After using the data base the other week to identify my unmarked (30) I gained a new respect and interest for this medal. This is the result.

It has most of its finish to it with just a little bubbling underneath. It has a ring stamp that is difficult to make out but thanks to the database I can say for certain that it is a 65 by Klein & Quenzer. I do so like a good K&Q.
    Now I need to find a good one with its packet as well and then who knows where it will end.
    Wilko

Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941 / 42 MM65 Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941 / 42 MM65 Winterschlacht Im Osten 1941 / 42 MM65
    Very nice original OM65 in good condition.

Your is another type of OM65 then posted earlier by "chbingle",
    My First Ostmedailles

Yours is a little more scarce I find.

Congrats

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    A nice one! The bubbling adds to its appearance, at least in my opinion, rather than detracting from it
    Then I'm sure you will love mine...

Cheers,
    MG.

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    Then I'm sure you will love mine...

Cheers,
    MG.
    A beautiful patina on that one!

B.B.

?

Thank you Sindri. I didn't know it was a bit more scarce than the others. A lucky find and thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast