Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

Article about: Hi all, I thought I'd share a recent purchase, not a rare piece by any means but one I liked the design of and have been trying to find at a fairer price as they seem to creep up. Sold at my

Default Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)

Hi all,

I thought I'd share a recent purchase, not a rare piece by any means but one I liked the design of and have been trying to find at a fairer price as they seem to creep up.

Sold at my local antiques centre by a newer seller, an elderly gentleman that has been collecting for many years and has decided that he's going to thin his collection. He's currently selling a few luftwaffe dress daggers that are far beyond what I could reasonably buy at the moment, but I always go have a look over his cabinet. This time he had a few medals in and I didn't have an example of one of these. I may go back as he had a West Wall Medal and bronze Close Combat Clasp at decent prices too if they haven't gone.

An unmarked example but came with the card/paper pouch with Deschler and Sohn markings on. Unfortunately the pouch has been folded before and the paper sleeve for the medal is long gone. The ribbon is in good clean unissued condition and the medal itself seems in decent condition too.

Hope you all enjoy,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)   Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)  

Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)   Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42 (Ostmedaille)
    P
    Many

?

It looks like a good match for a Deschler medal and it's in very nice condition. The silver rim and helmet has faded a bit but the rest looks like it has survived time well. Nice find.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Agree, a good and matching set =)
    Congrats!