Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wound Badge & Infanterie Pin - Fake?

Article about: I have a wound badge that I believe is a fake. Although there seems to be a huge variety of wound decorations, many of which look almost exactly like mine, there is one notable difference. T

Question Wound Badge & Infanterie Pin - Fake?

Wound Badge & Infanterie Pin - Fake?Wound Badge & Infanterie Pin - Fake?

I have a wound badge that I believe is a fake. Although there seems to be a huge variety of wound decorations, many of which look almost exactly like mine, there is one notable difference. The one that I have does NOT have the bolt on the front side of the helmet. Every other example I have seen on the internet of this badge has the bolt on the helmet. Am I wrong or is this just another variation?
    I also have this Infanterie pin that I think is genuine but I have never seen another example like it anywhere. Can anyone give me an idea of what it might be?
    Thank you,
    DBWound Badge & Infanterie Pin - Fake?Wound Badge & Infanterie Pin - Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wound Badge & Infanterie Pin - Fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wound Badge & Infanterie Pin - Fake?

The wound badge is indeed post-war, manufactured by Souval, unless I am much mistaken. (You can tell from the "claw"-shaped catch.)

I cannot offer a positive ID on the Infanterie pin, but I think I have seen something like it before. It's definitely not a military badge as such, but something for civilian wear. (Like a tinnie, a donation badge or something for former infantrymen/reservists or even men who had volunteered for the infantry but not been called up yet.)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 04-06-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Thank you for your information. I greatly appreciate it.
    DB

hpl got it a post war souval.I like them because had quality.

I agree with Andreas on the wound badge, do not know anything about the pin.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The Infanterie pin was given to those young men newly selected for that particular branch...there are similar pins for the other branches of service as well...Artillerie, etc...It's an early pre-war item, btw.
    cheers, Glenn