Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Accepted Partisan Variant?

Article about: Is this an accepted Partisan 1st class variant? awards-su.com/index/md/partizan1/ru/t1-2.htm

Default Accepted Partisan Variant?

Is this an accepted Partisan 1st class variant?
    note the 'broken scroll' below-left of the first C in CCCP
    Медаль 'Партизану Отечественной Войны 1 ст.' | Awards in Web
    Attached Images Attached Images Accepted Partisan Variant? 
    Last edited by meyerse; 01-26-2020 at 01:34 AM. Reason: make link active

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Accepted Partisan Variant?
    P
    Many

Nobody?

Can you give a close up of this "broken scroll"? I can't see what you mean?! To me it looked like an original, as on Mondvor site.

?

I think Meyerse is referring to the lack of a ‘curl’ to the lower edge, as seen below the other characters (if I understand correctly).
    Difficult to put into words.

I see what you mean. I checked several websites and dealers and none of them shows this medal without the curl, apart from one website, the one linked in the openingspost.

Here is a marked up picture from another website. In hand this medal has all the hallmarks of being legit (stamped, silver, etc)…..and I have seen this same stamp in IInd class too.....
    In hand it seems legit, but I see few other references, also another tell is the C at the very top of the medal, very thin and weak looking is a characteristic of this stamping. Got it from a 'non collector' mixed in with a bunch of other (all legit) medals they were disposing of.....so I have no guidance on this one. Putting it up on a Russian language collectors site says it is legit......but I'd REALLY like a solid reference beyond the one at the top of this thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Accepted Partisan Variant?  

Here is a second class with the same stamping (also being called legit on the Russian site Sammler.ru) but again, I'm looking for additional references.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Accepted Partisan Variant?  

?

Issuing an opinion with a single photo, in one of the most falsified award on the market, is impossible.

That isn't really the question is it? The broken scroll is quite clear, the question is simply does a broken scroll variant exist that is referenced

Nowhere in this thread do I show the one I have and ask you for authentication.....

?

I was "studying" one Patisan medal and I didnt see any with the broke scroll in the reviwed medals. But it looks good, I would not discard it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast