Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone know where to find a correct WWII Expert Badge screw plate?

Article about: Bought a wartime expert machine gun badge, but it has an incorrect large silver screw plate. Tried ebay but they all seem to be post-war screw plates. Anyone know where to find a correct WWI

?

Default Anyone know where to find a correct WWII Expert Badge screw plate?

Bought a wartime expert machine gun badge, but it has an incorrect large silver screw plate.

Tried ebay but they all seem to be post-war screw plates.

Anyone know where to find a correct WWII Expert Badge screw plate? or even have an extra they would be willing to sell?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone know where to find a correct WWII Expert Badge screw plate?
    P
    Many

On Ebay are plenty originals as well. I buy them from Ukraine.

Dom
    ?

If you show a picture, people can help you

These are faked, just an FYI......

Here's an example (and yes these are faked but also plenty of originals can be found):

Is that a nut found on the excellent badges??? They come in a wide variety and are often similar to the guards badges which I know better, but this one I thought was for other badges

?

Is this one wartime?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone know where to find a correct WWII Expert Badge screw plate?  

Quote by meyerse View Post
    Is that a nut found on the excellent badges??? They come in a wide variety and are often similar to the guards badges which I know better, but this one I thought was for other badges
    These are found on both excellence badges and Guards badges and other badges as well. There's a wide variety of nuts indeed. Also one should not forget, it was war. These badges were worn in the field, at all times. Badges got damaged, nuts got lost and replaced. Therefor, as stated in the openingpost an Excellence badge with a silver nut as usually found on Red Stars f.e. also happened. Soldiers were inventive and used whatever they could get their hands on. That said, if it was mine, I wouldn't replace the silver nut but keep it as is.

Dom
    ?

It's not worth a kopeck

I like this and I wouldn't change anything !

That is fantastic Dom. A perfect example of the fact that whatever a soldier could get their hands on they would use!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast