Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Authentic Ukrainian Order of the Red Banner of Labour?

Article about: Hello everyone, I have stumbled upon this Order of the Red Banner of Labour from the Ukrainian SSR and would like to know if it is authentic, all the ones I have seen so far were repros and

?

Default Authentic Ukrainian Order of the Red Banner of Labour?

Hello everyone,

I have stumbled upon this Order of the Red Banner of Labour from the Ukrainian SSR and would like to know if it is authentic, all the ones I have seen so far were repros and since I have never gotten my eyes on the real deal it is very difficult for me to tell them apart. I hope some of you can help identify it and give more information as to how the real medals from this time are, since they are quite rare. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic Ukrainian Order of the Red Banner of Labour?
    P
    Many

The example you have shown from eBay is a reproduction, or as the seller described it, "an examplar (sic) for wearing." RichieC might have another word for it (фуфло).

If you are desirous of a real example, be prepared to dig deep. Here is an example from the New York Auctions some years ago, and this is just the "prototype".

Here is another example, #233, awarded to Timofei Prokofievich Voskoboinikov. Neither the images or the Order are mine. This is the only example I have ever seen. These are rarely, if ever, available on the market, and then only privately, i.e. collector to collector.

There are currently some fake so. eBay being hocked as the real thing

The majority on ebay is crap, I wonder when buyers finally start to realise. Especially with high end orders and badges. Does anyone in their right mind really expect to find an original Ukrainian Red Banner of Labour, an Order of Nakhimov or an order of Suvorov 1st class for example on that bidding site???

There are two sellers that I know that very seldomly sell original higher end orders there (order of Red Banner, Glory II or even I) but that is as said, very very seldom and collectors know when both put these items up. Apart from that, it's the usual fake stuff on ebay.