Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Authentication for 20 Years of the RKKA Medal

Article about: Hello! I am considering purchasing this 20 years anniversary of the RKKA medal, but I've heard that copies of this medal are common due to its rarity. I've attached some images below and am

Default Authentication for 20 Years of the RKKA Medal

Hello!

I am considering purchasing this 20 years anniversary of the RKKA medal, but I've heard that copies of this medal are common due to its rarity. I've attached some images below and am hoping I could get some of your opinions on it.

Many thanks,
    Schutzstaffel
    Attached Images Attached Images Authentication for 20 Years of the RKKA Medal  Authentication for 20 Years of the RKKA Medal  Authentication for 20 Years of the RKKA Medal  Authentication for 20 Years of the RKKA Medal  Authentication for 20 Years of the RKKA Medal  Authentication for 20 Years of the RKKA Medal 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentication for 20 Years of the RKKA Medal
    P
    Many

Better pics are needed. F.e. the face of the Red Army soldier, a in focus frontal view of the loop with connecting ring, the edge of the medal where it looks like casted edges...
    At first I thought it would stand a good chance but by the last pics posted it looked more like a cast fake. So better pics will help.

I’m no expert in the “XX Years of RKKA” medals at all, but every example I’ve seen that has been deemed authentic seem to have clean, almost glossy looking enamel. This one seems to be very “murky.” Of course, you shouldn’t base authenticity on that one thing but it could be a factor to consider.

The pentagonal pendant and ribbon will be a post-war replacement. This may of course have been done by the veteran himself.
    As for the medal itself, it is widely faked. These fakes range from mediocre to extremely good quality.
    Such a medal should therefore be assessed by an expert. Maybe Matt Janssen from Soviet Orders can help you; Contact us .

You can read more about the medal on the Mondvor website. Юбилейная медаль ХХ-лет РККА

In the meantime we're still waiting for better pics....

Schutzstaffel,

Sorry to say... Not one I would invest in. Medal just has a "dull", lack luster detail to it. Even the RS enamel on back looks dull. Not a vibrant red like most Soviet medals and orders I've seen. I'm voting along with Marcel and PapaStalin 1943 on this one. I would also agree with Asjemenou, I 'd contact Matt Jansen and get his opinion. Great guy and a reliable expert.

Gerry C.

From the Finally Receiving Rain in the High Plains Midwest U.S.A.