Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Best addition of 2022

Article about: It's the time again to reflect on the past year, and to dream of the new year! So it's time to show your favorite acquisition of 2022. For me, it's this Order of Alexander Nevsky that was aw

Default Best addition of 2022

It's the time again to reflect on the past year, and to dream of the new year!

So it's time to show your favorite acquisition of 2022.

For me, it's this Order of Alexander Nevsky that was awarded in December 1956, for supressing the Hungarian Uprising.
    It was awarded to captain N.I. Nikolaev. He was a veteran of the Great Patriotic War, but saw no action. He continued to serve in the army and became head of the communications department of the 106th Guards Mechanized Regiment, 33rd Guards Mechanized Division.

For his role during the Uprising he was proposed for the Red Star, but this was upgraded to the Order of Alexander Nevsky.

"In battles with the rebels, Captain Nikolaev showed himself to be a courageous and brave officer. He constantly led the personnel of the company. During the fighting of the regiment, the company's communications equipment worked smoothly. Combat units were promptly provided with power sources in any situation in battle.
    On October 27, 1956, the radio station was disabled in the assault group. Under the fire of the rebels, Captain Nikolaev removed this radio station, repaired it and immediately delivered it to the unit, thus ensuring uninterrupted communication with the command.''

Best addition of 2022

Best addition of 2022
    Best addition of 2022

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Best addition of 2022
    P
    Many

For me it's actually a few, can't choose which is the best and all 4 have their own interesting and appealing sides and story.

1. An Order of Glory 2nd class awarded to Sergeant Ivan Ivanovich Zubarev who was a recipient of 4 (!!!) Bravery medals and on top the OG III and II.

2. A medalbar with the suspension made by the awardee from a tincan of pork, supplied by the US to the Red Army via the Lendlease programm. It was awarded to Red Army soldier Pyotr Vasilyevich Meshcheryakov.

3. A medalbar awarded to Ivan Alekseevich Sidorov, senior engine-room mechanic on the L-21 submarine.

4. An Order of Suvorov III awarded to Lieutenant Colonel Pavel Nikolaevich Zubov.

Best addition of 2022Best addition of 2022

All postings are really nice, but Marcel, glad you mentioned the below find. For me, I found it extremely interesting. It reflected improvisation by the average Frontovik soldier. Very impressive.

"A medalbar with the suspension made by the awardee from a tincan of pork, supplied by the US to the Red Army via the Lendlease program. It was awarded to Red Army soldier Pyotr Vasilyevich Meshcheryakov".

To all, please keep up your postings. Have really enjoyed them.

Gerry C.

From the High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.
    Happy New Year to all!

Thanks a lot Gerry, much appreciated! Happy new year!!

Hello, Happy New Year!
    I am a new member of the forum. USSR phaleristic from WWII period is my hobby.
    To be honest impressed by the high-end things presented above. Unfortunately, pictures are not detailed so very hard to analyse.
    Marcel Banziger could you please send good pictures/scanes of Nahimov medal? Including picture of it number (my best guess is that it is â„–5451). Mr. Ivan Alekseevich Sidorov was also awarded with Patriotic War Order of I class and medal for the Defence of Leningrad. I consider the Nahimov medal presented above to be a replica, but keen to see good pictures of it before giving my arguments.
    Happy to join the community!

The Nakhimov on this bar is a fake, as described in another thread (Red Star Under the Baltic).
    The original Nakhimov belonging to this bar was removed (by whom? When? No idea). So this copy serves as a replacement for the time being. The original Nakhimov with # 5451 belonging to this bar is now in the collection of a US based collector and I hope in the future to reunite it with this bar again.
    By the way, pictures when enlarged are very good and when looking at the bar you will see the Leningrad medal.

Edit: Hmmm, double post