Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bogdan Khmelnitsky 2nd class Real?

Article about: Hello, i recently started to collect medals/ordens and had gotten a few my grandfather had collected over the years in russia, the usual stuff not needing much authentication since i know wh

Default Bogdan Khmelnitsky 2nd class Real?

Hello, i recently started to collect medals/ordens and had gotten a few my grandfather had collected over the years in russia, the usual stuff not needing much authentication since i know what to look for. However this orden of bogdan i dont know what to look for and need some help establishing if it is real or not. Thanks to all the help if possible
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bogdan Khmelnitsky 2nd class Real?   Bogdan Khmelnitsky 2nd class Real?  

Bogdan Khmelnitsky 2nd class Real?   Bogdan Khmelnitsky 2nd class Real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bogdan Khmelnitsky 2nd class Real?
    P
    Many

I do not have much expertise when it comes to the authenticity of high-end soviet orders (as I, for one, will most likely never have the spare money to buy one of these rare orders in the near future ), but it seems like a fake to me. It looks like a fake 'patina' on the obverse, and it looks as if it was purposefully darkened on the front in some places. Also, comparing this to known Khmelnitsky II, the gold portrait on the front seems too shiny. I will put an image down below of an authentic one so you can compare it.

If I were you, I would wait on some more replies, as I don't have much experience regarding these high-end orders as I have said above.

Regards, Nikita.

I thank you for your input, I did take the picture under extreme lights just saying. But yeah I hope it is real because my grandpa told me that he paid 3k for the medal back in Russia

Hello Losthero,

These high-end orders are not easy to judge. They were - and still are - very well faked.

I think the back screw-plate is not native to this order.

Definetely better pictures are necessary in order to make a comment. Take a look at this page for better pictures of original examples and for a first reference.

Орден БОГДАНА ХМЕЛЬНИЦКОГО - 2

Best regards
    Gabriele

I agree with Gabriele, screw is a replacement. And indeed much better pics are necessary with such high-end orders. The reverse doesn't give me a fuzzy feeling so far. Looking forward to see a good photo from the front.

i believe it is not a good one (just my personal and not an expert opinion) because of:
    Compare to genuine:

Орден Богдана Хмельницкого 2 ст. №1150 - Полководческие ордена - SAMMLER.RU
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bogdan Khmelnitsky 2nd class Real?   Bogdan Khmelnitsky 2nd class Real?  

I agree with Kmoney10. Also some details are too soft as well as the writing on the front and the sword handle on the bottom right is different than originals. Yet I am not experienced so don't take my opinion as the truth. It is just based on my own observations which is that I am not feeling it with this order.

Here's some excellent photos from two originals, both from Matt's website:

?

Does anyone do authentications anymore? Nota Bene's gone, I believe. Is Paul McDaniel still in business? Anybody else around?

Probably Matt from Sovietorders?!

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Probably Matt from Sovietorders?!
    Yes, he does. He also even does free “opinions” on orders and medals based on regular photos. He explains this in more detail on his website.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast