Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bravery medal # 397221

Article about: An average Bravery medal but no matter how average, I love these medals. Not all have excellent and intriguing research but every medal is still awarded in recognition for courage and braver

Default Bravery medal # 397221

An average Bravery medal but no matter how average, I love these medals. Not all have excellent and intriguing research but every medal is still awarded in recognition for courage and bravery, and that is exactly what I like in these.
    This one is # 397221 awarded to Azeri Starshina Filipp Fedorovich Nelin-Nikitkov, Separate Rifle Battalion of 84th Marine Rifle Brigade for the following:

"During all period of combat actions in gulfs Starshina Nelin-Nikitkov provided company by all kinds of allowances (food and ammunition). All this was delivered under enemy fire right on the front line with Starshina Bezmozgiy. On the 10th of June 1943 when delivered food Nelin-Nikitkov met with a group of Germans leaked into the marines rear. He left the boats in the reeds and with 4 other marines organized the ambush. Opened with strong fire they scattered the enemy group. Two Germans were killed in this action.
    Worthy to be awarded the Order of Red Star.

Separate Rifle Battalion Commander Captain Golosnoy
    28 of June 1943"

Bravery medal # 397221Bravery medal # 397221

Besides this Bravery medal Filipp also received a second Bravery medal and an Order of Red Star.

Bravery medal # 397221
    Bravery medal # 397221
    Bravery medal # 397221
    Bravery medal # 397221

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bravery medal # 397221
    P
    Many

Very nice! The different ethnic groups once finds is really fascinating as well

I agree. Remarkable that Jew is also considered an ethnic group btw. I've come across this on many different documents.

Of the ones I"ve researched in my collection I've run across Russians, Ukrainians, Belarussians, Jewish, Uzbek, Mari , Armenians, Tarters......and I'm only a fraction of the way through.

That's quite a diversity already!