Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Bravery medal awarded to tanker Master Sergeant Nikolaj Fedorovich Voropaj

Article about: Hereby I wanna show my latest Bravery medal, serial # 219548 awarded to Master Sergeant Nikolaj Fedorovich Voropaj (Николай Федорович Воропай). Nikolaj was Gun Command

Default Bravery medal awarded to tanker Master Sergeant Nikolaj Fedorovich Voropaj

Hereby I wanna show my latest Bravery medal, serial # 219548 awarded to Master Sergeant Nikolaj Fedorovich Voropaj (Николай Федорович Воропай). Nikolaj was Gun Commander of the 62nd Seperate Tank Battalion and was awarded this Bravery medal for some heroic actions in early 1943.

The medal itself comes with a replaced suspension as per 1943 regulations. The ribbon is a postwar replacement. Not really the way I like these but the citation was so good I just had to add this medal to the collection. The medal itself is in excellent condition with minor signs of wear.

Bravery medal awarded to tanker Master Sergeant Nikolaj Fedorovich VoropajBravery medal awarded to tanker Master Sergeant Nikolaj Fedorovich Voropaj

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bravery medal awarded to tanker Master Sergeant Nikolaj Fedorovich Voropaj
    P
    Many

Nikolaj showed some real bravery, leaving the safety from the tank to attack the Germans. The citation goes as follows:

"He proved himself as a courageous and decisive warrior in the battles against the German invaders near the village Krimskaya during the period 27 January – 02 February 1943. While destroying the enemy pill boxes, he was opening the tank lid and attacked the pill boxes with grenades. During the combat engagements, he eliminated up to 15 Hitlerites by the fire of his machine-gun and grenades. Despite being wounded, he remained with his tank crew and continued his mission.

For exhibited courage and bravery, he deserves state award – medal “FOR BRAVERY”.

Commander of 62 Separate Tank Battalion

Colonel signature /PONOMARENKO/04 February 1943"

Bravery medal awarded to tanker Master Sergeant Nikolaj Fedorovich VoropajBravery medal awarded to tanker Master Sergeant Nikolaj Fedorovich Voropaj

Apart from this Bravery medal Nikolaj was awarded several more awards. Two Order of Red Stars, the Order of Patriotic War 2nd class and Patriotic War 1st class. Unfortunately I don't have the original award booklet with the medal but only a photocopy.

Finally the location of Krimskaya, the location of the actions where Nikolay was awarded the Bravery medal.

A great addition, with great research!

Congrats on the newly acquired piece,
    Nikita.

Really love this one....if you had to you could always rub some dirt on the ribbon.

Hahaha, that is one possibility hehe

The thing I dislike with these postwar ribbons is they have this unnatural shine on them. But in the end it is the story that matters most

Marcel,

Another great addition !!! Nice medal with excellent supporting research.

Gerry C.

From the Now Sunny High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.