Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dangerous Fake Glory 2nd degree

Article about: To get some more discussion in this forum going, here is a order I obtained and while it turned out okay, it was interesting. Here is a Glory 2nd class that is fake, a dangerous fake. It is

Default Dangerous Fake Glory 2nd degree

To get some more discussion in this forum going, here is a order I obtained and while it turned out okay, it was interesting.

Here is a Glory 2nd class that is fake, a dangerous fake. It is made from a 3rd class, but not an EARLY third class in that the number is not original to the order. The number has been completely erased and replaced by a new number. BUT the number doesn't match the obverse stamp which gives it away. A very close look at the number area, and some further details show it has been erased and a new number inserted (which I'll prove in a moment!).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dangerous Fake Glory 2nd degree   Dangerous Fake Glory 2nd degree  

Dangerous Fake Glory 2nd degree   Dangerous Fake Glory 2nd degree  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dangerous Fake Glory 2nd degree
    P
    Many

So the fact that the front stamp doesn't match the back gives it away but how can I prove this? Because the number is associated with a cavalier of the order.....

So here is the original as part of the set....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dangerous Fake Glory 2nd degree   Dangerous Fake Glory 2nd degree  

Dangerous Fake Glory 2nd degree   Dangerous Fake Glory 2nd degree  

Thanks for showing. A dangerous one indeed but when zooming in on the obverse the gold did raise some doubts already (especially for a full cavalier). The reverse also looked almost too smooth. The engraving looked quite convincing I have to say. Therefor it is very nice to find the original numbered award, which looks very nice and shows signs of being worn and the wear on the gold medallion also feels authentic, especially for a full cavalier.

Totally agree with the gilding being suspect. at a quick glance the back is very convincing as is the handwriting for this number range, it looks close to the original! but if you look very closely the area aroudn the number has no light marks as the other rays of the star do. There is another one on ebay that I suspect has has the number removed in the same way. Turned out okay as I lost no money on this one and it sits in a drawer as a reminder and a friend of mine and I had a good adventure finding the truth!

- - ------- - -

also under a microscope, the top of the circle around CCCP has been a bit disturbed where they cleared off the prior number.....

The handwriting is very close indeed for this serial number range though the 8 being open on the bottom is also something I haven't seen, at least not like this. You are right yes, there's not a single wear mark on the top ray, a clear sign of a good polish treatment. Good eye!

Here's mine, not too far off serialnumber-wise.