Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Found a medal

Article about: What can you do during the quarantine? Avoid people, carry a mask... Or go to the forrest with your metal defector and search for treasures. Well, I went today to a small forrest near Zhytom

?

Default Found a medal

What can you do during the quarantine? Avoid people, carry a mask... Or go to the forrest with your metal detector and search for treasures. Well, I went today to a small forrest and found this medal "For taking Berlin". I didn't find anything else afterwords.

I wish everybody a great weekend.

Found a medal
    Last edited by SovPha; 04-12-2020 at 08:18 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found a medal
    P
    Many

Nice find, detecting is a no go for me at the moment due to lock down.

?

I had my mask and my gloves on. Plus didn't see nor spoke to anybody.

I like it!
    I have about a dozen combat services and bravery medals that were saved from the smelter. i will repair the rings and hang them on mounts, but not try to make them look 'new' just show them some respect. I think what you have here is a good candidate for the same.

?

Hi meyerse, Would you show some of your pieces?

I personally would frame it in this condition as shown. A great item

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    I personally would frame it in this condition as shown. A great item
    I understand, but the veteran neither put it in that condition or would probably not appreciate it being in that condition. Don't 'pimp shine' it as we say in the US (polish it and try to make it new, but I think you could solder the ring back on, put it back on the hanger you found with it with a ribbon (used if you can easily find one) and then display it..... respect but not making it something it is not.

So here are 14 medals without rings, all but one are actual feat awards (only one is PROBABLY long service but it is also the only one not researched). I will put rings on them and hang them with respect. Someone saved them from the smelter and I will show them some additional respect by making them presentable in the name of the veteran (which has now been attached to each one).

May get around to these if quarantine lasts a bit longer...then into queue for more extensive research.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found a medal  

Quote by meyerse View Post
    I understand, but the veteran neither put it in that condition or would probably not appreciate it being in that condition. Don't 'pimp shine' it as we say in the US (polish it and try to make it new, but I think you could solder the ring back on, put it back on the hanger you found with it with a ribbon (used if you can easily find one) and then display it..... respect but not making it something it is not.
    I understand your point of view. In my humble opinion it is not showing disrespect when being framed as found. Hard to say what a veteran would think. Most likely he/she would appreciate the fact that there is someone out there respecting and appreciating the medal/award for what it is, no matter the condition. I think there is no wrong or right on how this medal should be displayed. I agree however that pimping it up is not the way to go though.

?

I am really glad that I joined finally this forum. It's a real pleasure to see people who respect and honour history. Cheers lads for being yourself.

Meyerse, Sorry to bother you again. How do you solder the ring back on the medal? Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast