Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

French pilot of Normandie Niemen

Article about: Hello, here is a rare group from a French pilot of the famous Normandy Niemen squadron. The pilot was Jacques Bagnere, here awarded by Général De Gaulle. The Order of Great patriotic war is

Default French pilot of Normandie Niemen

Hello, here is a rare group from a French pilot of the famous Normandy Niemen squadron.

The pilot was Jacques Bagnere, here awarded by Général De Gaulle.

The Order of Great patriotic war is numered 929280.

The medal of victory over germany is in very fine condition with original brass suspension.

The French Medal of Honor Legion is missing. J Bagnère's family keeps this medal and a badge of the aviation of french free forces during the ww2 (AFFL). THe family says that The aviator never worn the soviet medal.

It seems that Bagnère was awarded in 1965. The group is composed of two commemorative books signed by Soviet mechanics. One book is dedicated to the French squadron, the other is dedicated to J Bagnère himself.

Jean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French pilot of Normandie Niemen   French pilot of Normandie Niemen  

French pilot of Normandie Niemen   French pilot of Normandie Niemen  

French pilot of Normandie Niemen   French pilot of Normandie Niemen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement French pilot of Normandie Niemen
    P
    Many

?

Impressive.

Yeah, this guy couldn't get enough of flying, awesome! ;-)

Makes me wonder why our lives are so damn easy and boring...

I straightened out a couple of the pics, blew them up and a slight touch up.

Thx for posting!

thank you! In France, few people are interested in the French Air Force during the Second World War . it is very unfair because even during the invasion of France in 1940 French aviation has been very effective against nazi pilots.
    J Bagnère is not the most famous pilot of the Normandy-Niemen but he did it! Is one of these heroes who never asks anything. I discovered by chance this group ( in fait i wanted to buy one of the medals .I did not know that this group exist, I was interested In the great patriotic war order because it is a small variation dated 1965. But when I knew that the other medals were on sale I have bought every medals and these strange books. I hope I will find a collector of these kind of groups. Soviet aviation is not my domain.

BEGNERES Jacques - Normandie Niemen

eight months in Russia
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Dom
    ?

All artifact coming from the Normandie Niemen are interesting.

OPW is particularly desirable, small series from the Moscow Mint (2000 copies).
    I think both books deserve a translation.

Great set

Hello Dom, OPW was my first goal, post war model but very interesting serie. There are translations inside each book: one is a kind of poem that describes the courage Bagnere Jacques , the second a glowing tribute translation for French pilots who fought in Russia . I am reluctant to sale this group to someone who would be only interested in the OPW, it is important to préserve the group.
    Jean

Dom
    ?

Quote by massenez View Post
    I am reluctant to sale this group to someone who would be only interested in the OPW, it is important to préserve the group.
    Jean
    Yes absolutely,

please post tribute translation for French pilots

Interesting how he was a war baby of the "Great War"...

I think there's a general misconception that the French didn't fight well in 1940, the usual jokes about MAS rifles "only fired once", or "only dropped once"... I guess people read into history what they want to read, or they simply don't read at all and just repeat popular nonsense that makes others feel better about themselves.

Here are the russian letters and french translations , in a pure "soviet style".

I am not sure but except these letters and translations added on the last page , both books contain the same text named "ДОРОГОЙ ДРУТ!", "Dear friend". One text is signed by about 30 mecanics /vétérans, the second texte is sign by only 15 vétérans. I suppose that the texts were signed during two different ceremonies. that could explain there are fewer signatures on one version . Some veterans are they dead? Who knows?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast