Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help authenticating Order of Glory 2nd class and a Medal for the Defence of Odessa

Article about: Hi fellow collectors, Two medals have recently came up for auction and I am interested whether or not they are original. The Order of Glory 2nd class looks to me like a genuine Type 3 (thick

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    I tend to think that it is a 9 on the serial number and not a 2 but without decent pics it can not be said with 100% certainty.
    Thanks for your input Marcel. Unfortunately my hands are tied concerning the pictures, since they are provided by the seller. Nevertheless, could you tell me why you think the Odessa medal is a bad one?

Regards,
    Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help authenticating Order of Glory 2nd class and a Medal for the Defence of Odessa
    P
    Many

in my opinion the details are not correct, look f.e. at the O from Odessa.
    Btw, dealers who have crappy pics and don't provide better pics should be avoided anyway.

in my opinion the details are not correct, look f.e. at the O from Odessa.
    Btw, dealers who have crappy pics and don't provide better pics should be avoided anyway.
    Thanks for your response, I see what you mean now.

I agree on your comment about the pictures. However, since the medals are being auctioned off there is not really any way of asking the seller for better pictures - regardless of whether they would be willing to provide them.

Anyway, thanks again! I appreciate the input.

Again, the pics suck, but look at the clock face.....this doesn't work for 26K.

Quote by meyerse View Post
    Again, the pics suck, but look at the clock face.....this doesn't work for 26K.
    That is because a number has been erased in the beginning. It is a 3rd class and I think it reads X96050 after enlarging the pic massively. Whatever number the first one was is impossible to say. A good close-up would perhaps show since the erasing of the first number seems to be done in not a really good way haha

That is because a number has been erased in the beginning. It is a 3rd class and I think it reads X96050 after enlarging the pic massively. Whatever number the first one was is impossible to say. A good close-up would perhaps show since the erasing of the first number seems to be done in not a really good way haha
    This was my first statemetn in this thread

Second class Glory was stopped at the Mint with #49400. Any number after that one is a fake or gilded 3rd. No matter what digit is removed.

Quote by Combattente View Post
    Second class Glory was stopped at the Mint with #49400. Any number after that one is a fake or gilded 3rd. No matter what digit is removed.
    this was of course my original point and spot on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2