Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Medal "for impeccable service"

Article about: If possible, I would like to ask the experts if this medal for impeccable service and the document would be original. I guess it is not a very valuable or very scarce medal. In fact, its sal

Default Help with Medal "for impeccable service"

If possible, I would like to ask the experts if this medal for impeccable service and the document would be original.

I guess it is not a very valuable or very scarce medal. In fact, its sale price is about 20 dollars. It is a simple reward for continued service and not for a specific act, or for a specific campaign or battle....

Except for my mistake, the major who receives the medal and the document would have participated in the Great Patriotic War; and the medal should be silver, because it would have been awarded in 1962. The truth is that I dont distinguish a silver medal from a non-silver medal.

What do you think about the medal and the document? Do you think they are original and the medal silver? Maybe the major served in WWII?

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Medal "for impeccable service"
    P
    Many

?

I don't think this is a silver medal.

Service man: Major ASTASHENKOV ILIJA MATVEEVICH
    He was born 1922. Lieutenant ASTASHENKOV was a MG platoon commander of 161 separate MG and artillery battalion. Awarded order "Red Banner" in Janury 1943 for Stalingrad battle. Later he served in 25 training rifle division.

Thank you very much for your comment and your help.

I suspected that the medal was not silver, especially because of the last image, in which we can see flashes of yellow.

It is a pity, for me that the seller, to try to earn more money, has separated the original document and medal, because it means separating part of the life of a soldier and a person. It seems an act of evil.