MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

HSU Portrait

Article about: Greetings all, By way of an introductory post (also here), I offer this early portrait of Hero of the Soviet Union Ivan Grigorevich Fyodorov (1921-1983), squadron commander in a long range b

red
    ?

Default HSU Portrait

Greetings all,

By way of an introductory post (also here), I offer this early portrait of Hero of the Soviet Union Ivan Grigorevich Fyodorov (1921-1983), squadron commander in a long range bomber regiment. Three portraits from the internet are provided for comparison, one pre-dating the present photo, one seemingly immediately post-war, and one later in his career. In the close-up of his awards, the glare on the Order of Lenin ribbon suggests a plastic sleeve.

Enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HSU Portrait   HSU Portrait  

HSU Portrait   HSU Portrait  

HSU Portrait  
    Attached Images Attached Images HSU Portrait 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HSU Portrait
    P
    Many

?

And for the uniform fanatics: interesting how in both early photos (the initial photo and the one in which he's posing with his plane) he is still wearing the M35 type uniform, long after the M43 type was introduced, but with the collar tabs removed and shoulder boards added. Very unusual.

Good to see you around Auke!

?

Thank you kindly! I'm still around, although mostly 'lurking' these days I must admit.