Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Medal Capture of Budapest - Original?

Article about: I have found a Budapest Medal which seems to be an original, but I would like an expert opinion. The medal is a WW2 era, as well as the Pin being the second variant of the first type. Luckil

Default Medal Capture of Budapest - Original?

I have found a Budapest Medal which seems to be an original, but I would like an expert opinion.
    The medal is a WW2 era, as well as the Pin being the second variant of the first type.

Luckily, I found out how to post the images.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal Capture of Budapest - Original?
    P
    Many

The seller hasn't provided great close-up images, and all but one of the images show the front, but it seems to be a great bargain (so far) as it is an auction at €13 with no bids (yet)

Even though I am pretty certain this is a good one I would advice: if a seller doesn't provide better pictures than walk away and go to the next seller. These medals are very common. Plenty of people who sell these so go to those sellers who are helpful and provide good pics when asked for. Myself I prefer to pay a bit more but get good photos so I can buy with confidence. That to me is worth more than to be the bargainhunter who goes for the cheap bargains and than hope for the best.

Looks good! When does the auction end? 13 Euros would be a steal

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

When giving a second look I am pretty certain the suspension is a replacement. On the reverse the connecting ring sits weird into the ribbon. Nothing to worry about, especially for € 13 but it did catch my attention.

Thanks for opinions. The connecting ring did seem to sit in an unusual location, but it wont be serious.

- - ------- - -

Also, the auction is ending in 5 days.

I have also noticed a small detail that seemingly all authentic Budapest medals have. There looks like a small scratch by the stem of the oak leaf (The one next to the hammer handle). I have checked many sites, which show the same detail.
    The medal shown below is the Var 1 on mondvor.

The photo quality of the medal I am looking at is poor, but if I see the same detail on the medal, then that would be a god sign.

As I look closer, it seems that I can see the same detail on this one as I see on others. I would be able to see it clearer if I can buy it, where I can use a magnifying glass.

Both my variation 1 type A and type B has this feature indeed. But I have seen originals that don't have this feature.

Could someone provide a better close up pictures of this?

The bidding is over, and I wasn't able to put a bid, there weren't any better photos anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast