Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Medal for defense of Sevastopol. Fake or not?

Article about: Hi everyone. I would like to know your opinion regarding that medal. Some details look strange to me. Unfortunately that two pictures are the only I have at the moment Thank you

Default Medal for defense of Sevastopol. Fake or not?

Hi everyone. I would like to know your opinion regarding that medal. Some details look strange to me.
    Unfortunately that two pictures are the only I have at the moment
    Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal for defense of Sevastopol. Fake or not?   Medal for defense of Sevastopol. Fake or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal for defense of Sevastopol. Fake or not?
    P
    Many

Have you already consulted the Mondvor website; Медаль "ЗА ОБОРОНУ СЕВАСТОПОЛЯ" ?
    Do you want to buy the medal and are these the only photos you got? In this case, ask for good detailed photos.
    The medal has already been discussed at this forum; Medal “For Defense of Sevastopol” Type 1 .

It's a fake.

I also would say it is a fake. I even suspect it's a Voenkomat fake filed a bit at the connecting ring to make it look like a wartime example.

And very good comment by Asjemenou....do you really wanna buy such a massively faked medal based on these two crappy pics? I sometimes wonder, do people really want to get rid of their money so easily??

Thank you for answers. This medal is on sale on auction website, current bid is about 27€. Most probably the seller doesn't know what he sells (it happens sometimes)))). Even this two crappy pictures was enough for me to understand that something was wrong with the medal. But just needed more options,

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    The medal has already been discussed at this forum; Medal “For Defense of Sevastopol” Type 1 .
    Hi- I got this one from Matt at sovietorders.com. I think he may have some examples right now for sale if you’re interested in buying it from a dealer.