MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying these medals and pins :)

Article about: My dad handed these down to me when I was younger, he got them in the Soviet Union sometime in the 80s. However, I've been unable to identify most of them, my eye for the detail needed to te

Question Need help identifying these medals and pins :)

My dad handed these down to me when I was younger, he got them in the Soviet Union sometime in the 80s.

However, I've been unable to identify most of them, my eye for the detail needed to tell the different editions apart is severely lacking.

Hopefully someone on this forum can be of assistance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identifying these medals and pins :)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need help identifying these medals and pins :)

You've got some nice awards there! You've got two Orders of the Red Star (#10485 and #2931128; the first is a rare and valuable spring 1940 award, the second probably a long service award from 1950). The bar with two awards holds an Order of the Red Banner (probably long service from 1955/1956) and a Combat Merits Medal (long service from 1944). The Red Banner, late Red Star en Combat Merits Medal could have been a set (for 10, 15, and 20 years of service).

The other awards are some pins and badges and minor medals (Lenin Centeniary Medal, 2 x Medal for the Victory over Germany, Medal for Valiant Labor in the Great Patriotic War, Medal for 30 Years of Soviet Army and Navy, 2 x Jubilee Medal for 20 Years of Victory, Jubilee Medal for 30 Years of Victory, and Jubilee Medals for 50 and 60 Years of Armed Forces). Please keep me in mind if you intend to sell the early Red Star!

Thank you for your reply, very helpful!

As for selling, I have no idea what any of it is worth. I've tried looking around on various pages; but the tiniest of detail seems to set the values apart quite a bit.

Quote by VegardHE View Post
    Thank you for your reply, very helpful!

As for selling, I have no idea what any of it is worth. I've tried looking around on various pages; but the tiniest of detail seems to set the values apart quite a bit.
    The devil is indeed in the details when it comes to Soviet awards and their values. The early Red Star is very nice indeed.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The devil is indeed in the details when it comes to Soviet awards and their values. The early Red Star is very nice indeed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Indeed it is

I believe that the Red banner is a type 4, but I've yet to have anyone more knowledgeable than me confirm it.

Wonderful type 2 Red Star! Your dad was very lucky when this star crossed his path.