Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Medals

Article about: Hi i would like some opinions on my latest addition to my small collection Its my first order of the red banner. I think they are nice originals. Maybe someone could translate the paperwork

?

Default New Medals

Hi i would like some opinions on my latest addition to my small collection
    Its my first order of the red banner. I think they are nice originals.
    Maybe someone could translate the paperwork and What other awards the soldier had thanks....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Medals   New Medals  

New Medals   New Medals  

New Medals  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Medals
    P
    Many

?

Hello, nice medals. Raul

His name was Ivan Vasilievich Matveev.
    He was awarded two Bravery medals, # 1967334 and # 1947335 and the Order of Glory III # 250429 and Order of Glory II # 21312.

The Order of Red Banner and Order of Red Star don't belong to this set. The OG III order does. Furthermore I think the serial number on the Red Star is a faked engraving. You can see that the original engraving has been removed and this variant of Red Star is a post war design while this serial number indicates a mid war award. I don't think it is a duplicate but I think it is just a faked engraving made to deceive.

Edit: I have to correct myself. The Red Star is most likely a very late war star and not postwar as I said earlier. I re-worked the photo so a better, straight up close-up could be seen of the star. My opinion on the engraving still stands.

New MedalsNew Medals
    Last edited by Marcel Banziger; 09-21-2020 at 06:39 PM.

It is a questionable set.
    I think the order booklet (Орденская книжка) belonged to this person; Матвеев Иван Васильевич :: Память народа . The Order of glory 3rd class is mentioned in his booklet.

I think the Order of the red star is a forgery. The digits of the serial number do not match to this type of Order of the red star. According to the serial number, the order should have been granted at the end of 1944; Орден КРАСНОЙ ЗВЕЗДЫ - 4 .
    The order booklet was issued in July 1946. Then why is the Order of the red star not included?

I do not know if he ever received an Order of the red banner, but this must have been after the war because it is a 1950s variant. In any case, it is a type 4, variant 4; Орден КРАСНОГО ЗНАМЕНИ - 4 .

Probably the other awards as mentioned in the order booklet were sold separately. Very unfortunate, because there is little chance that they will ever be reunited. Hopefully you did not pay too much for the set.
    A tip is be careful if you want to buy these kind of sets. Always do your research. Unfortunately, there is a lot of tampering with Soviet awards.
    Another tip is to learn the Cyrillic alphabet (Азбука). It is not that difficult. This way you can decipher the name in an order booklet yourself and avoid disappointments.

Edit; his record can also be found at Podvignaroda; Подвиг народа .

The link to the Pamyat website is indeed from the correct person. This shows that the booklet is good and not messed with. A good sign since often lots of orders are added in these booklets to spice up a grouping. As a grouping this OG III with booklet is still very nice!

?

None told me they was awarded to the same person i just bought them at the same time.
    I paid around 200 euro so not to much even if the star is faked.
    But why would someone destroy a nice orginal red star and erase the serial number and rewrite a new one that is for long service? and not even try to hide it. I had a bad feeling at the star becuase the engraving dont match my other stars.
    Maybe the orginal owner had lost his first star and this is a duplicate?

All duplicates I have seen have other engravings. There's even a excellent book from a Ukrainian author about duplicate orders. None of those engravings come close to this one. Hence my opinion this being a faked number.

Quote by Jake76 View Post
    But why would someone destroy a nice orginal red star and erase the serial number and rewrite a new one that is for long service?
    This question can only be answered by the awardee.

at 200 euros you did okay. I'd have picked it up if offered (and then sold off the red banner and the red star, being upfront about my concerns).

?

Thank you for your comments very much appreciated. Sad with the red star but I keep it for now. It would have been interesting to know why he was awarded the order of glory 3rd class.
    As I said, thank you all.
    greetings jake76

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast