Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III awarded to Guards Senior Lieutenant

Article about: With quite some luck I managed to get a real gem into my collection. Hereby I present to you the Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III class awarded to Guards Senior Lieutenant Nikolai Samoilovich

Default Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III awarded to Guards Senior Lieutenant

With quite some luck I managed to get a real gem into my collection. Hereby I present to you the Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III class awarded to Guards Senior Lieutenant Nikolai Samoilovich Alekseyevsky (Николай Самойлович Алексеевский).

The order comes with its original award booklet which besides the Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III also contains an Order of Patriotic War I class.

Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III awarded to Guards Senior LieutenantOrder of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III awarded to Guards Senior Lieutenant

The Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III class, serial # 987, which is the first variant of the III class.

Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III awarded to Guards Senior LieutenantOrder of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III awarded to Guards Senior Lieutenant

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III awarded to Guards Senior Lieutenant
    P
    Many

Nikolai's Record Card:

Record card

Record card

Order / medal booklet nr. A-292576

1. Last name: Alekseyevsky
    2. First name and patronymic: Nikolai Samoilovich
    3. Military rank: Guards Captain
    4. Sex: Male
    5. Year of birth: 1914
    6. Place of birth: Village of Kurakhovka, Maryinka District, Stalino Province
    7. Party membership (since which year): Member of the Communist Party since 1943
    8. Education: Higher
    9. Nationality: Russian
    10. Since which year in the Red Army: From July 1941 to July 1946
    11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Commanding officer of the 67th Independent Guards Battery, 48th Guards Rifle Division
    12. Current place of service and position: Director of the Secondary Factory Training School of the Ministry of the Food Industry
    13. Home address of the recipient: 15-7 Churlenko Street, city of Vilnius

14. List of all awards he received:

Name of the order or medal, Serial number, Number of the document, Ground of award
    - Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class, 7520, Temporary certificate nr. 667532, Order of the artillery commander of the 3rd Tank Army nr. 03/N of April 10, 1943
    - Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky, 3rd Class, 987, Temporary certificate nr. B-586912, Order of the 1st Ukrainian Front nr. 073/N of June 10, 1944

Signature of the recipient: [signed]

I confirm the correctness of the data and the signature of the awardee (position and signature):

Assistant chief of the 3rd Section of the Military Commissariat of the city of Vilnius
    Junior Lieutenant [signed]
    October 29, 1946

Nikolai's Award citation for the Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III class:

Award citation

Award citation

1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Alekseyevsky, Nikolai Samoilovich
    2. Rank: Guards Senior Lieutenant
    3. Position and unit: Battery commander in the 319th Antiaircraft Artillery Regiment

Nominated for: Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class

4. Year of birth: 1914
    5. Nationality: Russian
    6. Party affiliation: Candidate member of the Communist Party
    7. Service in the Civil War, the subsequent combat actions to defend the USSR, and the Patriotic War (where and when): Has been taking part in the Patriotic War since January 1942
    8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: Wounded in 1942
    9. Since when in the Red Army: 1941
    10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of Takhtanukavsky District, Krasnodar Province
    11. Previous awards (for which achievements): Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class in 1943
    12. Permanent home address of the prospective awardee and his family’s address: _______________

Brief, concrete description of his feat of arms or achievements:

At 3:05 p.m. on March 19, 1944 the enemy launched a massive artillery strike at the command post of the 1st Zhitomir Red Banner Guards Cavalry Corps and initiated a counterattack from the area around height 246.6 in the direction of Krasnopol (where the corps command post was positioned) with a force the size of an infantry battalion, supported by artillery and mortar fire.

Along with the rest of the regiment, Guards Senior Lieutenant Alekseyevsky, who had deployed two artillery pieces at an open firing position, brought down intense precision fire in direct fire mode at the advancing infantry. Aided by tanks, the enemy infantry battalion was completely crushed during the two-hour battle. Antiaircraft fire alone accounted for 70 percent of the enemy troops being killed. He thus enabled the corps staff to exercise continuous command of the troops during battle and to function normally.

Guards Senior Lieutenant Alekseyevsky’s battery shot down 4 enemy aircraft and damaged one.

He deserves to be awarded the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class.

Commanding officer of the 319th Antiaircraft Artillery Regiment
    Major [signed] /Yarmolenko/
    March 20, 1944

He deserves the Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky, 3rd Class.

Commanding officer of the 1st Zhitomir Red Banner Guards Cavalry Corps
    Guards Lieutenant General [signed] /V. Baranov/
    April 25, 1944

Awarded the Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky, 3rd Class by Order of the 1st Ukrainian Front nr. 073/N of June 10, 1944.

Chief of the 3rd Section of the Personnel Department of the 1st Ukrainian Front
    Major of the Administrative Service [signed] /Sazhiyenko/
    June 3, 1944

Next up is Nikolai's Order:

Order

Secret
    Copy nr. …

Order

Of the 1st Ukrainian Front

June 10, 1944 – Nr. 073/N – Operational Army

On behalf of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, for the exemplary execution of combat missions at the front in the struggle with the German invaders and the valor and bravery displayed in the process, I award:

[…]

The Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky, 3rd Class to:

1. Guards Senior Lieutenant Nikolai Samoilovich Alekseyevsky, battery commander in the 319th Antiaircraft Artillery Regiment

[…]

Commanding officer Member of the Military Council
    of the 1st Ukrainian Front of the 1st Ukrainian Front
    Marshal of the Soviet Union Lieutenant General
    [signed] /I. Konev/ [signed] /Krainyukov/

Front chief of staff
    General of the Army
    [signed] /Sokolovsky/

Chief of the Personnel Department
    Colonel [signed] /Antonyuk/

June 7, 1944

Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III awarded to Guards Senior LieutenantOrder of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III awarded to Guards Senior LieutenantOrder of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III awarded to Guards Senior Lieutenant

Outstanding!
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks Nick, much appreciated. I was very lucky to be able to get this one. These are usually far above my budget....but sometimes all one needs is a bit of luck.

Unfortunately I can't post his 'battle route' throughout the war as shown on Pamyat Naroda. Somehow I can't get the pic right so that one will be posted later.

Wow. Wow wow wow! An absolutely amazing piece with great research! If you don’t mind me asking, did you get this from Matt?

Since you were having difficulties uploading a photo of his battle path but couldn't, I thought I'd give it a shot.
    Here is a link to his Pamy Naroda page: Алексеевский Николай Самойлович :: Память народа

And here is his battle path (although sadly it only shows his action in the war up until 1943):

Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III awarded to Guards Senior Lieutenant

Thanks a lot. Yes, this one came from Matt. It's easy since we're both based in Holland plus imo he's the best Soviet medal/order dealer out there, with the best pictures on his website. Many dealers can learn from this.

Thanks also for showing Nikolai's battle path. Somehow I couldn't get it done
    I will have this one researched more and hopefully also his whereabouts after 1943 will come to light. Or maybe this will also be uploaded on that webpage sooner or later. Two months ago Nikolai's battle path wasn't even on that website at all. Unknown it said, so things can change fast.

Hi Marcel.

Yeah, I figured it was from Matt. I am actually eyeing a Sevastopol medal on his page

There definitely is a possibility that more info will be added to the Pamyat Naroda page. For example, when I tried to find information about one of my relatives 2 years ago, there was absolutely 0 info on him, as he didn't even have a page. Flash forward a year, and they had added his page, his battle path, etc. Also, Pamyat Naroda recently updated their page, and now if you get lucky you can maybe find a photo of the medal recipient on their page!
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 05-21-2020 at 05:38 PM. Reason: I fixed the mistake that the tired version of me made

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast